• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Enough Already.

seneca

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Mopars or our hobby but I've got to say my piece and ask others to follow along. It seems the IRS is clamping down on the litttle guy...again! Waiters and Waitresses will now be under the IRS's spotlight on their tips and gratuities beginning this year. What a crock of dung!!! These poor people work their rears off to make a living and put up with rude and obnoxious customers that are never satisfied. Now, the IRS will be pestering these folk for simply trying to keep their heads above water. One way to support these folks is to NOT put their tip money on your credit cards. From today on I will be carrying cash into a restaurant to tip the wait staff and not putting it on my credit card. I would ask my fellow forum members to do the same and help these folks out. Thanks for listening.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I’ve never felt right about adding the tip on the credit card and it’s a rare occasion that I do.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I myself agree. I always leave cash for a tip and bill. and I leave a lager tip if they take my BS and have fun with it. I'm not rude. I like the personal experience.
As far as the IRS. I know they were established about 1913 as a temporary branch to pay the 13billoin debt for WW1. We see how that worked. I always feel like it's a shake down when paying taxes. At least you think would get a smile when you are getting screwed over! So thanks to all the severs and behind the counter people for the smile and not getting bad sevrvice! Cash is King Gold and Silver for ever.

Last edited:

torredcuda

Reaction score
Yup, pay with cash to avoid us working people getting screwed more than we already do. I try to tip and pay independent contractors, small businesses etc. with cash when I can.

heminut

Reaction score
I've been doing this for years now. My wife was a bartender when I met her and she depended on her tips to feed her and her kids. I've always remembered how much the tips meant to her and I always take care of the waitstaff.

moparleo

Reaction score
Nobody has to read it if they don't want to. This is not political party stuff as much as it is on somebody's ability to feed their families and earn a decent living. I agree, at least a 20% tip and in cash.

cosgig

Reaction score
I always tip in cash, and pay a restaurant bill in cash. The establishment also takes a hit on a credit card payment, we’re all hurting from this IRS witch-hunt mentality of this administration. I’m for helping the real American people, not the ones who don’t.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I always tip in cash. In fact, I almost always do pay cash for everything. I don't even own any credit cards. I do have a debit card.

RT Daddy

Reaction score
Only use the green stuff, if you can't pay for it, you don't need it. :thumbsup: Although since the "pandemic" a lot of places are trying to make us dinosaurs extinct by not accepting cash.

ted s

Reaction score
i know a waitress that doesnt report over a grand week in tips while getting every public assistence orogram nys offers. she drives a new honda ridge line

Raycuda

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Mopars or our hobby but I've got to say my piece and ask others to follow along. It seems the IRS is clamping down on the litttle guy...again! Waiters and Waitresses will now be under the IRS's spotlight on their tips and gratuities beginning this year. What a crock of dung!!! These poor people work their rears off to make a living and put up with rude and obnoxious customers that are never satisfied. Now, the IRS will be pestering these folk for simply trying to keep their heads above water. One way to support these folks is to NOT put their tip money on your credit cards. From today on I will be carrying cash into a restaurant to tip the wait staff and not putting it on my credit card. I would ask my fellow forum members to do the same and help these folks out. Thanks for listening.
This is a GREAT idea. I will follow your lead.

Back