• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Enough is enough

fasjac

Reaction score
For you folks up north, I’m sure the snow is part of it. Here in Arkansas... to get 12” and more coming! Wow. We’ve never closed a dealership for two consecutive days due to winter weather. Unfortunately, maybe from a tornado. 0 degrees ain’t no fun! I know the storm has strapped many. Be safe

B7DD8221-5C2A-4C83-9F6B-192E89403520.jpeg

2C3C6D3D-3A33-4025-BA48-4EDEBE17F696.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well I moved to Panama because I never want to see snow again , I was working outside in the oil field @ -78*F or -58*C , it has been 10 years now & I am mostly thawed out !
Chances are you will survive this !

fasjac

Reaction score
Well I moved to Panama because I never want to see snow again , I was working outside in the oil field @ -78*F or -58*C
Chances are you will survive this !
Yea it’s not that cold! Dang, glad you got away from it. We’re just not prepared for a week of this. All ok though

NoCar340

Reaction score
I'm with you, and I live where winter is a major sporting event!

If it makes you feel better--and I'm sure it doesn't--our high temp on February 3rd was 23°. We have not had a double-digit temp since. It's only gotten above zero with the sun well above the horizon. Overnight lows have exceeded -30°. It was so cold in my garage last Wednesday my digital thermostat couldn't read it (the display said "LO" where the temp should've been). Right now it's -2°, but we're finally climbing out on our way to a (predicted) high of 17° tomorrow. It'll feel positively tropical--I'm digging out the flip-flops and shorts now.

We'd had a really mild winter up until the 4th, though, so I'm not complaining too much. Besides, in the winter of '13-'14, a nearby water plant was both the coldest place on Earth one day in February--I assume they meant habited?--and had an average temperature from December 1 to February 28th of 2.4 degrees... so, y'know, it could be worse. Yes, the snow is part of it but temperatures like those, or the last 11 days, are not.

I lived in Atlanta for awhile in the late '90s and it ruined my tolerance for the cold forever.

fasjac

Reaction score
I get it, tolerance I guess is the key. Makes my bones hurt. Lol

gzig5

Reaction score
It's been a tough couple weeks around here too, but I feel your pain. The Southern and mid section of the country isn't set up to handle snow like that. Even though it won't be there that long, it can be a real PITA for the week or so that it does. I have relatives in TX who are having issues with freezing pipes on top of the power outages. It's one thing to hunker down for a couple days, everyone should be able to do that, but another when there is no electricity.

340challconvert

Reaction score
East Coast, New Jersey; we have gotten hit w 3 storms in 10 days with another coming this Thursday. Totals of 17-20 inches of snow from 2 close storms
Last one, last night was an ice storm; knocked out power for many state residents.
Stay safe and well, especially in the south my Mopar brothers!

Attachments

• IMG_5696.JPG
    IMG_5696.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5697.JPG
    IMG_5697.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 185

fasjac

Reaction score
I get it, tolerance I guess is the key. Makes my bones hurt. Lol
East Coast, New Jersey; we have gotten hit w 3 storms in 10 days with another coming this Thursday. Totals of 17-20 inches of snow from 2 close storms
Last one, last night was an ice storm; knocked out power for many state residents.
Stay safe and well, especially in the south my Mopar brothers!
I would hope a lot of people have generators up there. If power gets knock out, most have big problems with these temps. We’ll ride out this week and should have some 60 degree days next week.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
We are about to hit 0° for the first time in about a week. Yee Haa! But furnace is now acting up. 🥶

fasjac

Reaction score
We are about to hit 0° for the first time in about a week. Yee Haa! But furnace is now acting up. 🥶
Man try to get that thing cleaned up or whatever. I hope you have a fireplace. We were at 0 temp yesterday. It ain’t no joke. And to these guys talk about -20 to -60. I’m out of there

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Man try to get that thing cleaned up or whatever. I hope you have a fireplace. We were at 0 temp yesterday. It ain’t no joke. And to these guys talk about -20 to -60. I’m out of there
Yeah. We were -20° last night. But looks like that might be it for the stupid cold for this year? March can bring snow. I am a believer in the 45 day weather cycles. And because we had a warm first half of winter? We just paid the price starting 2nd half. Then again? I'm wrong about 46% of the time. Lol.

NoCar340

Reaction score
We managed to hit a whopping 19° today. Proving the adage "it's all relative" I was outside changing a customer's battery without my jacket. It's supposed to be a touch warmer tomorrow, but the predicted overnight low is -12°... a 31° drop from today's peak.

Always blows me away when somewhere hundreds of miles south is significantly colder. I hate it for you guys; I remember well how crippled Atlanta was by an inch of snow and/or polar temperatures. The first and only "snow days" I've ever had from a job were there.

Reaction score
We were only -5c but with wind chill -10-15C
Snowed all day Saturday, most of Saturday night, all day Sunday totalling 18-20"
Put the plow on my 86 W 350 and plowed my driveway and the road out to the main road.
Repeated the plowing on Sunday.
Snowed about half of Monday another 6-8" plowed the road again.
Power was out for 3 hours on Monday.
Just came in from plowing the road again, snow is over Yea!

fasjac

Reaction score
@fasjac How's the pool feel though? lol
I just removed a few leaves out of the skimmer, damn it’s cold. Thing is, I never shut it down for winter. Now, if we get 6-10 more snow tonight, possibly have a problem. The valve and lines out to the street are frozen. So, I’ve got about 5-6 inches and water has to come out. I’ll have to use a sump pump....and make an ice rink

Poolshark314

Reaction score
I just removed a few leaves out of the skimmer, damn it’s cold. Thing is, I never shut it down for winter. Now, if we get 6-10 more snow tonight, possibly have a problem. The valve and lines out to the street are frozen. So, I’ve got about 5-6 inches and water has to come out. I’ll have to use a sump pump....and make an ice rink
Sorry to hear that. I hope all goes well and you get no issues

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Some of the temps that have been recorded is stunning. Below 0° in Dallas? -14° in Arkansas? (And not just at elevation) -30° in Nebraska? Those are Minnesota temps. Ouch.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
So now there is blame game fight in Texas? Their Governor first blaming frozen wind turbines? And it turns out it's old and neglected infrastructure? I have voted Republican at times in the past. But they are making it tough. We have to stop just making stuff up if the truth is not to our liking? Texas is a wealthier than average State. Make some investments! JMO.

Back