• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust Tip Photos

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Anyone have photos of the placement (left and right) of exhaust tips going through the valance? Clearly there is a left and right tip, but which is which?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Fishgutz

rklein71

Reaction score
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it gives you a good idea which tip is right and which is left. I installed my exhaust before even having bought my tips and I was very close to perfect placement for the tips with the exhaust as pictured. Rod

IMG_4648.JPG

WhiskeyRebel

Reaction score
C4DFC46C-27A6-4B0E-8140-0081C2DCC9B7.jpeg
F7967788-A035-4246-8243-144F15E71A28.png
A9E23C16-4A9D-4DFB-A048-B68A55B38D6D.jpeg
B55643EF-0160-4836-B81F-DEA262A3C703.jpeg
I’m in the same boat. My car didn’t have tailpipes so I’ve been collecting pictures. Here’s what I have, don’t know if will help.

WhiskeyRebel

Reaction score
Sorry, realize you are probably looking for Cuba pics, mine is obviously a Challenger.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Sorry, realize you are probably looking for Cuba pics, mine is obviously a Challenger.
Hey Whiskey, thanks for the photos, nice collection. I think I’ve got it figured out, the tip inlets go to the outside. One way or the other, we’ll make it work and look good also. Keep the wrenches turning til you’re done!!!!

moparleo

Reaction score
Either way depending on what brand/style/diameter tips that you get and whether you are using mufflers or not. The muffler outlet will determine what side the tips are offset. Without muffles you can run the tail pipe either right next to the fuel tank or next to the frame rail. Also the packaging will label them left and right. fort a stock install.:thumbsup:

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Either way depending on what brand/style/diameter tips that you get and whether you are using mufflers or not. The muffler outlet will determine what side the tips are offset. Without muffles you can run the tail pipe either right next to the fuel tank or next to the frame rail. Also the packaging will label them left and right. fort a stock install.:thumbsup:
Many thanks for the input. After playing with it today, we decided to have a local custom fab shop do the final fit. We don’t have the capability to bend and fit the exhaust tube. Best to leave this to the pros.

444B3D23-E863-4CD1-B81B-00AFF7283B4D.jpeg

DEC70CC0-9C39-43B4-ACDC-1E397C0A5D9D.jpeg

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Perfect, that’s how I want mine to look. I haven’t been able to play with it since February, my chief wrench and best friend (the Cuda is in his garage) had major heart surgery and I’ve had to stay away ever since. We both look forward to firing it up sooner than later. BTW, sweet Cuda, thanks for the photo.

fasjac

Reaction score
Great! Thoughts and prayers for your best friend and a full recovery.
Very nice ride !

fasjac

Reaction score
Perfect, that’s how I want mine to look. I haven’t been able to play with it since February, my chief wrench and best friend (the Cuda is in his garage) had major heart surgery and I’ve had to stay away ever since. We both look forward to firing it up sooner than later. BTW, sweet Cuda, thanks for the photo.
That’s gonna look great! Lots of shiny stuff under there. Like it, thumbs up.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Thanks fasjac, we’re making some progress. The wiring is about buttoned up, gonna bleed the brakes this weekend and put the rolling stock on. Can’t wait to see it with rims & tires bolted on.

Back