• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory Dash Pads - Options

themechanic

Reaction score
I bought a 70 Cuda black dash on steel core with one speaker and AC from ABC Moparts June 29, 2022. I have been waiting and checking in with Bob since before last December. I received a receipt for what I ordered. Today (July 1, 2022) I received a black single speaker pad on ABS core for a non AC car from Al Knoch Interiors in Canutillo, TX; ABC is in Kingman, Arizona.

I left a text and a message with Bob. I called Al Knoch Interiors but the guy who answered, Phillip, said he didn't know anything and would have Al call me Tuesday after the holiday.

More to come...
Bob with ABC Moparts called me yesterday and gave me a tracking number for the dash pad I ordered; expected delivery July 6. Bob was just as surprised as I was that Al sent me a plastic core pad.

I informed Bob that lots of members have nothing but the highest praise for him and his product.

Katfish

Reaction score
Sounds weird, so ABC is subcontracting out to El Paso, or whatever the name of the crappy vendor out of Tx?

heminut

Reaction score
Sounds weird, so ABC is subcontracting out to El Paso, or whatever the name of the crappy vendor out of Tx?
Al Knoch is NOT the same vendor as the Dash Pad Factory. Apparently there are two dash pad vendors in El Paso. They aren't even close to each other, Al Knoch is on I-10 clear over on the west side and the Dash Pad Factory is clear over on the east side, just off of Montana (US 62/180). Google says they are 35 miles apart from each other.

BTW, my dash pad I just got from the Dash Pad Factory looks great! No issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

themechanic

Reaction score
Nope. Not according to the owner. As I said, Bob was surprised when I talked to him about it. In addition, ABC Moparts shipped the pad I ordered with the steel core which will be here Wednesday.

themechanic

Reaction score
I received a call from Al Knoch Interiors this morning. They have no record of why they shipped the pad to me. I called YearOne to find out if they could figure out what happened. I had ordered the same thing from them back in November 2021 but returned it due to the studs not lining up with the dash holes. The vinyl was loose in a few places, too. The only records they have were of the purchase last November; No records of emailing the return label or refunding my money. I hadn't realized I never received the refund. I recall using Advance Auto as the UPS drop off, as suggested on the mailing instructions. I suspect UPS lost it.

So, YearOne sent me a return label to return the pad from Al Knoch Interiors to their Georgia location. Then they will refund my money and square things with Al Knoch Interiors.

Back