• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fastman/ F&B six pack injection ?

gtxno1

Reaction score
Hello everyone has anyone out there tried the six pack injection from F&B or fastman with the modman intake how is it was looking to do a small block stroker with this set up

70chall440

Reaction score
I have 2 F&B systems, one SB and one BB. I got both systems directly from F&B, the first one is the SB system and it came with a FAST EFI EZ 1.0 controller system, the second (the BB version) I bought the controller system (Holley) through Fastman. I will say this up front, I would never buy from Rich (Fastman) again. He is very knowledgeable and very willing to take your money but he drop ships from Holley and he is a PIA after the sale. He offers "tunes" and endless customer service, well customer service is only good when the person giving it gives a crap. It was a very painful experience.

When I bought from him he said he would build a tune specifically for my application (near stock 440 with AT, headers, etc.). He made it seem as though he was going to install the tune into the CPU so it was plug and play. Well when I got everything in and went to start the car, would not work. I called him and over probably 20 minutes of him asking if this was hooked up and basically talking to me like I knew what the hell he was talking about, nothing was coming together. He mentioned "settings" several times and I said something about "whatever you put in there".. to which he said that I would have to now send him the CPU so he could tune it, but then said "well we can just do it over the phone"...

Long story short, it isn't rocket science and I would use Holley directly before I would deal with him again. It is not all that difficult and you need to educate yourself on EFI some, get familiar with how the software works and you can make it work probably as well as you could with Rich's help.

All this said, the one good thing about dealing with him is the initial settings which he knows well. But you can get the same thing from Holley, you just have to know what you have for equipment (type/size of injectors, ignition system/settings, etc).

On my SB I am using the FAST EZ as I stated so I am use a MSD ignition and MSD billet distributor. It does not control spark, only fuel. On the BB system I am using MSD ignition (6AL in both) but am using a Hall Effect distributor (Dual Sync) so the Holley system controls both spark and fuel, this is the way to go. You set the distributor to 0 and lock it down, then all of your timing is done with a lap top.

gtxno1

Reaction score
I wanted to clone an AAR but use that six pack set up hoping that it would make more HP than the stock intake and carb set up the original seems to be a bottle neck

70chall440

Reaction score
I do not believe it will make more power per se (assuming the carb setup is running correctly), I think it will provide better drivability.

NoCar340

Reaction score
If you're looking for maximum power, MPFI has little to offer nor is it cost-effective. However, correctly tuned you can get dramatic increases in driveability and economy, especially if carb tuning is not your strong point.

If it's power you're after, look into computer-controlled spark instead. It can also provide substantial fuel savings--if the spark is perfect, the engine makes more power, which equates to less throttle input for the same speed. The further you can get from points and mechanical advance, the better. An optimal spark curve does not climb throughout the RPM range, it actually climbs quickly, dips a few degrees near peak VE, and then starts climbing again. That requires computer control, period. It also requires a chassis dyno to truly optimize. That's exactly the plan for my Challenger: a dyno-tuned Ford EDIS-8-based direct-fire/waste-spark ignition with factory-stock Six Pack induction. Total cost? Around $500. I expect the dyno session to cost about the same.

The coils should disappear nicely beneath a repro T/A baseplate.

gtxno1

Reaction score
I wanted to build a 500 hp stroker do not know if the factory set up is capable if not single carb it is

70sixpkrt

Reaction score
I wanted to build a 500 hp stroker do not know if the factory set up is capable if not single carb it is
This is my build. Right at 500hp and 535tq on the engine dyno.

440 bored .030=446
KB 237 pistons .003 deck height
Forged crank .010 under
Eagle 4340 H-beam rods
Comp is 10.25:1
Eddy heads 84cc with stage 1 and bowl blend
Straightline Cam 234/[email protected] 540/525 solid with 112 lsa (4* built in) installed straight up
6-pack aluminum manifold with stock carbs. (Using ProMax stuff)
Comp pro-magnum 1.5 rockers with 3/8 Smith Bros. pushrods
TTI 1 7/8 headers with 3" X cross-over exhaust to the tips
MSD 8546 dist.
MP MSD 6AL

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Call EFI System Pro and see what they can do for a "Six Pack" setup. They specialize in Holley Sniper, Terminator, HP, and Dominator EFI systems.

gtxno1

Reaction score
I may actually give them a call there has been a change in plans I have spoken with fastman and they use the modman intake. I have just picked up an original 340 6 pack intake and I will use one of those systems that will fit and work

fastmark

Reaction score
My buddy had just the opposite dealing with Rich. He could not get the Holley people to help at all. He called Rich, paid the man for his time and fixed his problem. He’s pretty smart so he had enough tuning skills to work with Rich. Just a different side of the story. I’m glad I still know Carburetors’s!

Back