• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fender tag ID

68bigblock

Reaction score
could someone here tell me how common a car like mine is? i was told it's a fairly rare combo. Thanks
unnamed.jpg

quapman

Reaction score
With an orange longitudinal stripe??!!! Very rare!

68bigblock

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is anyway to know of build numbers, i think it appears as it should except for a couple things the previous owner changed, the wheels i did that. with the tag and pics i'm sure you folk can see whats not correct.
DSCN0475.JPG
DSCN0472.JPG

DSCN0459.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
You own a very unique Challenger RT
I decoded the tag
Black with orange interior and bumble bee stripe is very cool.
Neat Car

JS23:
Dodge Challenger
Special, R/T
2 Door Hardtop
U0B: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
138487: Sequence number
E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
TX9: Black Exterior Color
H6K4: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Burnt Orange
000: Full Door Panels
929: Build Date: September 29
014687: Order number
TX9: Black Top Color
A62: Rallye Instrument Cluster Package
B51: Power Brakes
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
N85: Tachometer
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V9V: Bumble Bee Stripes, Orange
Y05: Build to USA Specs
EN2: End of Sales Codes
Dino2 (1).gif

quapman

Reaction score
Oops. My mistake on the stripe. At least I got the color right.

moparlee

Reaction score
"D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission"

The auto must have been swapped for the 4-speed. Nice looking Challenger RT

68bigblock

Reaction score
Thanks paharamia for the fender tag breakdown, someone swapped out the auto and the 4 barrel for a 6pack, i guess moparlee couldn't read the hood in the pic or i'm sure he would have caught it lol.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Yep, you don't see one like that everyday. Here is the USA production numbers for some of the options on your car.

There were (13,668) JS23 Challenger R/Ts shipped to the USA market place.

Of those,

(6,438) came with J45 Hood Pins
(4,442) came with G33 Driver's side Remote Mirror
(1,886) came with the 440/Auto drivetrain
(779) came with the H6K4 interior
(506) came painted TX9 Black.

Unfortunately, Chrysler did not keep track of combinations of options. But just an educated guess, an R/T with the 440/Auto wrapped in TX9 and H6K4 would easily put you at less than 100 cars made like that - and more likely we are talking less than 50 were made like that. I would say it's a keeper!

Scott.

68bigblock

Reaction score
So there is no way to tell how many of the 440/auto cars came in black or had a orange interior let alone a combo of the two. Oh well it's awesome and fortunately it's mine everything else over and above is icing. Thanks for the help guys

moparlee

Reaction score
Scott, Where do you find the production numbers by model and by the option codes? Thanks

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Scott, Where do you find the production numbers by model and by the option codes? Thanks
moparlee, these numbers come from the Options and Accessories report for 1970 Challengers that were shipped to the US marketplace. These numbers do not take into account the cars that were shipped to Canada and to International destinations.

quapman

Reaction score
Where/how might one obtain a copy of the report?

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Where/how might one obtain a copy of the report?
Yes, you can purchase a report - or if you are lucky enough - you can locate an original copy. The originals are few and far between, but copies are being made - and are starting to get into the hands of hobbyists that run a lot of the car registries. I was lucky enough to get a copy from an individual - with the caveat that I don't dump the info onto the net. I have permission to do some look-ups and answer some forum questions from time to time. If anyone is curious about what these Options and Accessories (SG30) reports are all about - I have posted a little tutorial on my Mopar Sunroof Registry website: Production
Thanks,
Scott.

quapman

Reaction score
It appears that this is just a service for any specific vehicle that a customer submits, not the actual complete report. Why would "dumping it on the net" be a bad thing other than the people who currently have it not be able to profit from it? GGgee whiz...who would possibly do THAT?

From MyMopar...

Options & Accessories Report

The Options & Accessories Report is an additional service which is a breakdown of each vehicle option to the percentage of the total vehicle production that was built with this particular option. The report will include Equipment, Sales Code, % of Shipment, Production Number (Based on Percentage), and Option Prices. We can provide a detailed Option & Accessories Report for the following vehicles:

1969 Charger & Charger R/T
1969 Coronet & Super Bee
1969 Belvedere, Satellite & Road Runner
1970 Charger & Charger R/T
1970 Barracuda & 'Cuda
1971 Barracuda & 'Cuda
1970 Challenger & Challenger R/T
etc., etc....

sdweatherman

Reaction score
In a lot of cases - the individuals that have acquired original SG30 Options and Accessories reports have ponied up some pretty good dough to get them. I am bound by my agreement with my contact on my copy of the report. It was the only way I could get verification on some sunroof numbers. Like I said - if you are curious about some specific options - I would gladly do that. Scott.

Back