• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fender Tags

oneof52

Reaction score
Hello, getting to the small details of my cars completion. Does anyone know a service where they can restore my fender tag? I have the original fender tag, but prior owner had put in a couple of extra screw holes and little rusted.

pschlosser

Reaction score
The re-made fender tags look fake, and you can tell it's not original. Consider posting an image of your current fender tag so we can see how bad these holes are. Your car may be worth more with a damaged fender tag than a with newly remade one.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I concur with Pschlosser, the original fender tag is always best, even if a little worse for wear. How bad does your original look?

pschlosser

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if these repro body code plates are stamped aluminum or steel? Some unpainted ones I've seen look aluminum to me.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Here’s some ideas for your fender tags while you keep your original.

IMG_5081.jpeg
IMG_5080.jpeg
IMG_5079.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The re-made fender tags look fake, and you can tell it's not original. Consider posting an image of your current fender tag so we can see how bad these holes are. Your car may be worth more with a damaged fender tag than a with newly remade one.
Get a new one made but keep the original with the car, win win.

oneof52

Reaction score
image0.jpeg

This is my Fender tag, it's not that bad, but the holes are not what I wanted to see. When I paint it FE5, will blend with the fender.

My other issue is that the original owner disposed of his dash with the VIN attached. Now I need to get it replaced.... I have all original paperwork, right down to the build sheet and the title.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I would have a new one made. Paint your original real good and put it back right where it goes and mount the new one to the right of the original.
Would say put the old under the new but that would promote rust. Especially in New York.
Get a reproduction vin tag.
Cool car!!

oneof52

Reaction score
Thanks, what would be a reputable place? Galen's service is asking between $500-$600 and I see others around $200 and not sure how reputable

Xcudame

Reaction score
Keep the old, but get a new one made. I like the idea of having both on the car.
These folks do all the big show judging and produce awesome books. Not necessarily cheap, but at least it's real. And they can do the dash VIN as well.

Datatags / Fender Tags Reproduced

Finoke

Reaction score
I had a fender tag like that one that I fixed with applying a thin layer of a quality body filler to the back then sanding down what made its way to the front.

rklein71

Reaction score
I would install the new one on the car and put the original in a safe location in the event you sell the car.

oneof52

Reaction score
Just spoke with MMC Detroit.... sent a picture and waiting for a response. He said the same thing. Put the new one, keep the old in a safe place. BTW, nobody reproduces VIN tags.

Matt Johnson

Reaction score
David Wise is the man... big shout out to MMC Detroit... they are the gold standard for authenticating... Galen Govier on the otherhand... I wouldn't trust with a five dollar bill

Xcudame

Reaction score
Well, with the build sheet, title and old fender tag is all you need. Get the new fender tag and the following metal label for the dash "SURPRISE IT'S NOT HERE". :)

DetMatt1

Reaction score
David Wise is the man... big shout out to MMC Detroit... they are the gold standard for authenticating... Galen Govier on the otherhand... I wouldn't trust with a five dollar bill
Is Galen not trustworthy? He’s slow to respond and slow to fill orders but does that mean he can’t be trusted??

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
There’s a guy that’s 3-D printing fender tags, and he produces a little keychain to match.

IMG_0199.jpeg
IMG_0198.jpeg

Back