• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Finally going to paint shop!

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
I finally found an awesome painter to get the challenger painted. I was just gonna leave it in the autumn brown color but after I painted the engine bay and restoring the grill and rear tail panel I started thinking, actually envisioning it in black with the chartreuse stripes, I have to finish it. I ran out of time since the season is over for outside and I hate sanding plus the guy thats gonna paint it is a pro. He's done show cars, rotisserie, etc. Being black, the car needs blocked to perfection or it will show.
I've researched for challengers with tx9 and v6j stripe kit and have found none. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So I'm stoked!!!
I will post some pics when its done. Should be about February. I can wait a few more months for that.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Repainted the master cylinder and booster. Oem parts but still working.
Took most of the evenings during the summer to strip the engine bay. Lots of angles etc in there and once I started, it was hard to determine where to stop. I got the headlight buckets cleaned up and the outside of the rad support and stopped there.
Restored the grill and rear tail pc etc and bought new bumpers and a rear valance.
20200822_170502.jpg
Also got the stripe kit from challenger gary and its wild. I used a 3m color thats real close to the original. Its also flourescent. They don't reproduce the original color anymore. Only 1 company said they would color match but could have bought another car to have that done so it will have to do.

20201113_190236_HDR.jpg

20201118_173836.jpg

20200917_183435_HDR.jpg

20200913_084640.jpg

20200816_204355.jpg

20200919_172045.jpg

20200914_183950.jpg

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Looks great. I am closing in on paint too....prob about 24 hours left of prep. What colors did you use on the grille for Black and Silver? - Todd J...BTW mine was brown as well....going lime green.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Looks great. I am closing in on paint too....prob about 24 hours left of prep. What colors did you use on the grille for Black and Silver? - Todd J...BTW mine was brown as well....going lime green.
I used dupli color matte black and cast aluminum for both. My grille is plastic tho.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
That's the most work I think I've ever seen done to a car man! You are relentless. It will pay it all back ( Well most of it) lol.. when you get to drive it again!
Mine was originally black but someone just repainted it brown. Guess they didn't like black. Never in an accident tho.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
That's the most work I think I've ever seen done to a car man! You are relentless. It will pay it all back ( Well most of it) lol.. when you get to drive it again!
Mine was originally black but someone just repainted it brown. Guess they didn't like black. Never in an accident tho.
Mine was once fully restored with half quarters in the rear. Everything else "fairly" solid....has some frame spots on the unit body. I am on the short strokes.....

IMG_0529.JPG