• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

found 70 challenger

BSG

Reaction score
thanks hope to pick up a 440 magnum drive line this weekend! corona virus be damned :)

CMC

Reaction score
Ca I run a body shop so I’m fairly proficient at lien selling but I guess my concern is that the vin and fender tag may have been used to register a different vehicle who knows this one has what matters and that’s the oem stamping. I really didn’t need a project this big in my life as I just finished a 40k resto on my 72 I’ve had since I was 19 years old 56 now. These cars just cost 2xs more than your avg classic car to restore While you do get 2xs the cool factor it still adds up.
And again thanks to the MOPAR maniacs for the help i.d. Ing the thing. Big block plumb crazy who could ask for more except a sublime hemi
is that shop in california?

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Ca I run a body shop so I’m fairly proficient at lien selling but I guess my concern is that the vin and fender tag may have been used to register a different vehicle who knows this one has what matters and that’s the oem stamping. I really didn’t need a project this big in my life as I just finished a 40k resto on my 72 I’ve had since I was 19 years old 56 now. These cars just cost 2xs more than your avg classic car to restore While you do get 2xs the cool factor it still adds up.
And again thanks to the MOPAR maniacs for the help i.d. Ing the thing. Big block plumb crazy who could ask for more except a sublime hemi
Congrats on the score! Very cool. There are a few of us that didn't sell our teenage cars as I still and have my 73 that I got in 84 when I was 16. It was my first car and at 54 I can appreciate it more now than ever. I have a thread in the resto section if you're interested. Damn supply chain problems from Strange are holding up my rear end from getting to the chassis shop so he can get that going. Good luck with the project and I'll keep my eye out for your progress!

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Congrats on the score! Very cool. There are a few of us that didn't sell our teenage cars as I still and have my 73 that I got in 84 when I was 16. It was my first car and at 54 I can appreciate it more now than ever. I have a thread in the resto section if you're interested. Damn supply chain problems from Strange are holding up my rear end from getting to the chassis shop so he can get that going. Good luck with the project and I'll keep my eye out for your progress!

Same here. I have had my red 70 Charger since I was a teenager in high school and I am 51 now.

Attachments

• jpeg-imag.jpg
    jpeg-imag.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20170903_161436.jpg
    20170903_161436.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Same here. I have had my red 70 Charger since I was a teenager in high school and I am 51 now.
Nice looking Charger and good job on keeping it. I see a trend as almost all of my GM and Ford friends sold their first muscle cars but most of us Mopar guys had a better batting average on keeping them.

terrywalker

Reaction score
In two weeks, I will have owned my 1971 convertible for 50 years. Where has the time gone? Photo is the day I brought the car home.

Screenshot_20220617-075650_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
In two weeks, I will have owned my 1971 convertible for 50 years. Where has the time gone?
The clock stops for nobody, the Mopars get in you’re blood ha.
50th means a big celebration IMO!
Congrats

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
The clock stops for nobody, the Mopars get in you’re blood ha.
50th means a big celebration IMO!
Congrats
In two weeks, I will have owned my 1971 convertible for 50 years. Where has the time gone? Photo is the day I brought the car home.

View attachment 94837
Happy 50th birthday/anniversary with a beautiful car! You were the right guy at the right time and place! Do you have current picture of the car for the book end photos? Great job keeping it all these years. I agree, that's worthy of a BIG party!!!

terrywalker

Reaction score
Happy 50th birthday/anniversary with a beautiful car! You were the right guy at the right time and place! Do you have current picture of the car for the book end photos? Great job keeping it all these years. I agree, that's worthy of a BIG party!!!
Like this?

Attachments

• 20160423_194003.jpg
    20160423_194003.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 79

moparmike1974

Reaction score
You can go to the DMV and possibly get a "salvage"/"rebuild" title, as they are typically called. These salvage titles will affect the vehicles value if you go to sell it. Another option is to go through a title service. They are rather expensive compared to 20 years ago because they now do extensive checks to make sure the vehicle is not stolen. This is the easiest way to get a title but the most costly. But when your done you have a real title that is not tarnished with a salvage branding.
Last option, which I dont reccomend but I have done it before. Find out the last registered owner and have them file for a lost title then sign it over to you. Yeah, probably wouldnt work this day and age.
I had a 70 duster once and we contacted the last registered owner. They were nice enough to apply for a lost title and then signed it over to me. I covered the costs but they wanted nothing extra.
This method is risky because they are legally still the owner of the vehicle.

57fury440

Reaction score
I would try to find out if that VIN is registered to another car which I believe is illegal. You have the actual car with the VIN stamped on the body. It is possible the dash and fender tags were just lost. These cars are 50 plus years old now, so anything is possible. I would make sure I could register it before spending a lot of time and money. It is a cool car and if it was mine, I would look into getting it legal and redo it. Good luck.

Back