• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front Frame Specs

Mr.Mopar

Reaction score
Plugging right along on the Cuda Project and ran into a snag. Does any one know what the correct Height for front frame rails on a 1972 Cuda should be? I am replacing the radiator support's, (upper & lower) and noticed that the drivers side frame looking at it from the front dead on is 7/16ths lower than the passenger side, when the upper support bracket is set in place, its noticeable lower on the drivers side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

ramenth

Reaction score
Plugging right along on the Cuda Project and ran into a snag. Does any one know what the correct Height for front frame rails on a 1972 Cuda should be? I am replacing the radiator support's, (upper & lower) and noticed that the drivers side frame looking at it from the front dead on is 7/16ths lower than the passenger side, when the upper support bracket is set in place, its noticeable lower on the drivers side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

How would you like this measured? From the cowl down to the front with a tram gauge?

Mr.Mopar

Reaction score
Robert thanks for replying. To be honest, I haven’t touched the car since I posted this. I received my front clip from Canada, "Show Cars" (which I don’t recommend any one purchase any thing from this place, that’s another bad experience for another topic some day), any who, to confirm my measurements, with the front clip sitting on the radiator support bracket and the door in place, the drivers side by the head light is lower, as well as a giant seam at the top of the fender / Door area, almost an inch.

Any measurement you can send me would be of good use when I get start on it again. I have attached a few cell phone pics of what it looks like now. I have the front end propped up under the front almost an inch off the radiator support to see what it should look like.

GetAttachment.aspx

2009-10-03 14.59.59.jpg
GetAttachment.aspx

2009-10-03 14.59.42.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Pics aren't loading for me, but I'll take all the pertinent measurements for you that I can think of, with pics. I'll give you cross measurements, tram measurements for height, etc. It'll be in the next couple of days, so hang in there, if someone doesn't beat me to it. If they do, then you're ahead of the curve.

Mr.Mopar

Reaction score
Pics

Let me know if the pictures uploaded this time. as for any one beating you, :) your the first to reply to my message and I posted this about 30 days ago, lol , thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. If you go look at the message in this forum that says "72 Cuda drag car", thats the car i'm inquiring the specs for.

ttyl Brother

cuda.jpg

cuda1.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
I'll getcha the specs before the weekend...that way you can get going on it again...sound about right?

ramenth

Reaction score
Was finally able to get up and get some measurements. Took some squares and some measurements. I can get you more, if you want but here's some baselines:

the first two photos show going from the very rear fender mount to the control hole on the inner fender: this was 6 feet 3 1/2 inches square.

the next two show going from the rear fender mounting hole on the inner fender to the furtherest corner of the inner fender/front frame rail/core support. This was 5 feet 1 inch square

The last one shows a flat edge laid across the top of the cowl to the topmost part of the core support. Measuring down to the frame rail on both sides this measured at 1 foot 3 1/2 inches.

I'll be going back up this week with the jack to get under the car and do some tinkering before it gets covered for the winter, so if you want I can take some square measurements from under the car, too. It'll be harder to get pics, but I can do it.

20091019_85.JPG

20091019_86.JPG

20091019_87.JPG

20091019_88.JPG

20091019_89.JPG

Back