• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front suspension issue on 71 Chally

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
Its odd there is no "steering/suspension" section under tech here.

Anyway I have noticed a problem with the front end on my 71 Challenger. I have had it aligned and installed Just Suspension's 1in Torsion bars to lower the car without turning it into a marshmallow. I have sway bars coming for both the front and the rear. I am trying to make this into a handling car without going to crazy with coilovers and such. Anyway, I have 17X9in wheels and tires on the car (not staggered) and the left tire sits out 1in farther then the right one. Thus when I turn going up a hill the left tire drags on the fender. My alignment man tells me there is no way to change that unless the K frame can be moved around. Looks to me like doing that will put my headers into the inner fenders! Anyone else come up against something like this? The body looks to right for the fender to be the problem. It is really noticeable if you walk from one side directly to the other and look at the overhang.

Any help or ideas/advice would be VERY much appreciated. :angel5:

Post a pic of the 17x9 wheels/tires on your car. I'd like to do something like that for my '70 Cuda for Summer months.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the whole front end sheet metal can be moved sideways quite a bit , is it possible that the sheet metal is adjusted all the way to the right ?

Ray

Reaction score
Since you have a replacement fender on the problem side, as I said earlier the problem just may be the fender. Or at least you may have a problem with the body in so far as it being twisted. Just a thought.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It is hard to tell without pics. Unless I missed them. WHen you look at your radiator core support are all the small holes on the top of it still round in shape? Are some of them split or oval?

Back