• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front sway bar '70 Challengerwhat is going on?

dongei

Reaction score
Something looks like it's missing, I posted earlier about how my car drove kind of funny and the front sway bar doesn't look right. Could anyone post a photo of how their '70 Chally mounts to the lower control arms and then a photo of how it mounts to the K member? The alignment on mine seems off. I'm sure the lower control arms are OEM but that doesn't mean something isn't wrong with them. what I'm interested in is the angle of the sway bar end link between the sway bar and lower control arm and position of the mounting brackets for the bushings and brackets. Thanks everyone in advance.

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the R and L side on my 71 340 Challenger.
2 - Oct 12-14 (81).JPG
2 - Oct 12-14 (82).JPG

Adam

Reaction score
Sway bar looks ok, bushings are shot. Pass side control arm looks like it is sitting lower, I bet the LCA bushings are shot too. Get a full rebuild kit, I like polyurethane, but some prefer rubber. (Rock Auto has the Moog problem solver upper ball joint for only $14.) I also recommend the LCA stiffening plates (Lower Control Arm Stiffening Plate) for $16. There are lots of good how to articles on the web; Take your time, do one side at a time, it's not rocket science, and with the money you save you can get rid of those awful drum brakes.

moparlee

Reaction score
Sway bar looks ok, bushings are shot. Pass side control arm looks like it is sitting lower, I bet the LCA bushings are shot too. Get a full rebuild kit, I like polyurethane, but some prefer rubber. (Rock Auto has the Moog problem solver upper ball joint for only $14.) I also recommend the LCA stiffening plates (Lower Control Arm Stiffening Plate) for $16. There are lots of good how to articles on the web; Take your time, do one side at a time, it's not rocket science, and with the money you save you can get rid of those awful drum brakes.

Hey Adam. You are replying to my reference pics for Dongei and not to his post. BTW this car is undergoing a complete rebuild.

dongei

Reaction score
Dongei. Post a pic of your suspension so we can see what is going on.
Thanks a lot for the photos. I won't be home for 2 weeks but can see a problem. My links are not straight up and down and the sway bar bracket seems twisted on mine.If it is not too much trouble a couple shots of both sides of the sway bar brackets will clear things up. At this point I'm guessing there is impact damage I never noticed before. Thanks again, you guys are awesome. Will post some photos when I get back.

Back