• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front Windshield Channel Paint Question?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Stripped the windshield channel to bare metal
Cleaned and sealed with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator, then
Epoxy primed
the channel and whole header.

The epoxy primer needs a top coat and the original window channel appeared to have been painted black from the factory. I was going to coat with flat black Rustoleum then install the windshield. Will be using the factory style 3M Window Weld for the install.
What have others done with painting this channel before windshield installation?
Feedback appreciated!
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
I have seen them top coated in black paint so the body color does not show around the windshield edges but don't know what kind of paint. With the good prep you have done I would think any good quality paint would be ok.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have seen them top coated in black paint so the body color does not show around the windshield edges but don't know what kind of paint. With the good prep you have done I would think any good quality paint would be ok.

Yea, the black paint extended half way across the back of the A pillar, covering the original light coat of the Y1 yellow. Black makes sense since the yellow would peek through. I have to make sure I seal the epoxy!
Dino2 (1).gif

rt side showing black paint.jpg

Last edited:

71RT383

Reaction score
My blackouts are to be painted this upcoming week. In addition I am going to have the defroster platforms (with the bolt holes in it) painted black so no color is visible from windshield into defroster ducts .

Back