• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel/cross country tour.

WIMopar

Reaction score
So, I've got a wedding in Colorado in May. I'm thinking about taking one of the Mopars cross country. My friend in Salida (groom) tells me that ethanol free fuel is very difficult to come by out there. Suggestions? Leave the car home and fly? Octane boost? I'd likely take the 69 Dart with a mild 440 and 3:23 gears.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I use marine grade 2 cycle engine oil with TC-W3, 1 oz per every 5 gallons of gas. This will combat the negative effects of the ethanol. I did a 2k mile road trip in my Imperial last year and in fact put over 6,600 mile on that car last season all together. It's the shizzle.

WIMopar

Reaction score
I use marine grade 2 cycle engine oil with TC-W3, 1 oz per every 5 gallons of gas. This will combat the negative effects of the ethanol. I did a 2k mile road trip in my Imperial last year and in fact put over 6,600 mile on that car last season all together. It's the shizzle.

Did you notice any engine smoking or valve gunk build up after extended use of the two cycle oil?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Not at all. It's just enough to protect all the surfaces that ethanol will destroy. Do a little google research on it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I drive my classics almost daily during the season and I bet I went through no less than 4 qts of the stuff. I always have one in the trunk.

Back