• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Gen3 Suspension under an E-Body ?

Reaction score
Anyone here installed the front and/or rear suspension from a Gen3 5.7 Hemi car (Charger, Challenger, or 300) on an E-Body?
I have seen the Hot Rod Magazine article on one such install. Just looking for more info.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
How much labor and fabrication is involved?
I want to by an 05-2010 and use everything possible. I would really like it if 4 bolts will hold the gen3 front frame to the e-body, like the front suspension from 1970 was held. I dont think I even took the tires off when I lifted the body and rolled the original engine and transmission out from under it, but it has been a long time.

Rich Followell

Reaction score
No, they will not just bolt on. It requires major mods and is no simple task. It would be easier to buy an aftermarket subframe for your Challenger. and keep a banjo type diff. Unless you are willing to throw a ton of cash at it. If someone asked to to build another. The price starts at $250K and could go up from there, you get what you pay for!

Last edited:

k2steve

Reaction score
WOW, I could get two Hellcats and still have some coin for that.

Rich Followell

Reaction score
WOW, I could get two Hellcats and still have some coin for that.
Agreed, anybody could with a little coin, But nobody has one like this one. Brand new Challenger with a 1970 body, full driveline, electronics, suspension, seats etc. Show me another 70 with electric tilt telescopic steering wheel, variable wipers, antilock 15.4 Brembo brakes and it is all OEM Mopar. weighing about 500 lbs. less than a Hellcat. When 70-57 challenge started this thread he said he wanted to use as much as possible from the donor car, That would be a full floor pan swap. and it ain't easy!

Back