• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Going from hard fuel line to braided

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
I'm looking to go to braided line in the engine compartment. I'm not up to speed on what my options are. Thought about compression fitting but it's not water we're dealing with. Maybe some sort of flare nut and adapter. It's 5/16" line going to -6AN. Maybe some of yous have done this and could let me know which nuts/ adapters will be needed?

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
I have done this. You will need -5 for 5/16. Very rare. I went from 3/8 to -6 on my Torino recently and I used a tube nut and sleeve and did a 37.5 degree flare on the original steel line.

DSC00697_zps83a89c2d.jpg

DSC00698_zps2c6a8189.jpg

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
I've found an inverted flair nut that goes from 5/16 to -6 but don't have a nut on the hardline. Now I just need to find a 1/2-20 tube nut. That Torino looks clean, very nice

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
Some things to consider if you plan on going to AN fittings --- the flare is 37.5* not the typical 45*.

Also - they make connectors that you simply tighten onto a steel hard line - it uses a fitting, nut, and a crush collet.

Back