• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

GPS Mi. 2nd annual classic car show 9-10-17

mmissile

Reaction score
Attendance was great for a 1st-year show. Looking to bump up the car count for this year. Last year was a majority of mopars, and I'd like to see that trend continue. Joe Pappas and Dick Oldfield will have the "wire-car" on display at this years event. There is room for probably 300 cars, total...so, get your application in. It's a beautiful venue, and interest has been early this year. All makes.

http://gpshoresmi.gov/Portals/40/PDFs/2017 Car Show Flyer.pdf

seneca

Reaction score
Thanks, mmissile. Printed it and will drop off at GPS city hall on Monday. Looking forward to meeting all of the folks from FEBO on Sept. 10!!

mmissile

Reaction score
Need more people to pre-register, so they can get their head-count for supplies and food. I'd also like to see more mopar guys show up.
Please contact the info in the above link.........

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Hmmm, same weekend as Frankenmuth Auto fest, tough call.

mmissile

Reaction score
Ask Matt about how nice it is. Relaxing and beautiful. The zoo-atmosphere isn't for everybody. Give it a thought, or let others with nice cars know. It's all brands, and I like to see different things.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
This show was too short last year, is it going to be longer this year by an hour or 2?
I know I still have to register yet Mike but I will shortly and I have also been telling NOMM about this show at the last couple of meetings. I'll pass along the flyer to all I can think of.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Is this in front of the marina or at the city park across the street?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Right on the water in the park north of the yacht club. I had the Imp there last year.

IMG_2103.JPG

seneca

Reaction score
This show was too short last year, is it going to be longer this year by an hour or 2?
I know I still have to register yet Mike but I will shortly and I have also been telling NOMM about this show at the last couple of meetings. I'll pass along the flyer to all I can think of.

1200 Hrs to 1600 Hrs according to the flyer I received back in May. ( That's noon to 4PM for you civilians!!!)

DetMatt1

Reaction score
So the vert has developed a nasty brake booster leak, looks like the Imperial will go again this year.

mmissile

Reaction score
I'd like to thank those who attended, on a gloriously beautiful day. Great turnout[up 80%], and had a great time checking out the beautiful rides and chatting with folks. So relaxed a setting and show. It doesn't get much better.

Here's a couple from over head. It was late in the day, and a bunch of people had left before someone got a drone over to the show.

33es84p.jpg

33cx5kp.jpg

9r3zlz.jpg

2vsmgko.jpg

Last edited:

seneca

Reaction score
It was a beautiful day and a lot of very nice rides on display. There's something about a show on grass as opposed to black asphalt that just works better. The 1926 Chrysler that took best Mopar was stunning.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
This one! The owner of this car also has a '68 Imperial convertible that he bought from the same guy I bought my '67 Coupe from.
IMG_20170910_134028834.jpg
IMG_20170910_134106828.jpg
IMG_20170910_134116518_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170910_134909661.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
I loved that old Chrysler. The range of age, brands, and types of cars is terrific. There are some VERY rare cars come in. I'm also glad you guys made it. I can see this as the "The" show to attend in a couple years. It's low-key, and people looking for participation-awards/trophies, are gonna be disappointed. We don't want to see junk cars and kids/adult-aged kids, acting like animals. There's no alcohol allowed...so that also makes things more pleasant. No burnout contests, and so far....no canopies. There's plenty of trees and shade. I hope to have mom's ragtop there for next year's show. I gotta thank my wife and the Village for doing this. I have some input, and help with things like the music, directing cars, gathering nice cars for the show, and anything that's required to make things run smoother. There's room for a couple hundred more, but will require it to be more "organized" to get 300 in there.

Back