• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Grant tuff wheel install on '70 non-tuff column.

b5blue

Reaction score
I'm installing a Grant 1004 (leather tuff wheel) on a '70 non Tuff column. The wheel bolts rite up to the crush can but i'm having problems with the horn button and cap. Their install kit is pretty much useless. Should I reuse my horn switch/cap retainer from the old three spoke wood wheel? If so, will the new tuff horn button fit into the old retainer. The inside diameter of the old retainer seems to be a little smaller making it a really tight fit. So much so that i'm afraid of breaking the new button. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

KMikk

Reaction score
I had the same issue, I enlarged the hole in the original aluminum horn about .035 of a inch. now the tuff horn cap snaps in great. I used a dremel tool with a small sanding drum on it.

b5blue

Reaction score
I had the same issue, I enlarged the hole in the original aluminum horn about .035 of a inch. now the tuff horn cap snaps in great. I used a dremel tool with a small sanding drum on it.
Sounds like a plan ... Thanks

Back