• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Plymouth 472 HEMIcuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

71cudajoe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1971 HEMIcuda retromod. This car is magnificent in every respect: body, paint, interior, undercarriage, trunk and engine. More than two years of labor and love went into turning this car into what it is today. It is NOT an original or numbers-matching car, but it has been completely rebuilt from top-to-bottom and front-to-back. EVERYTHING is either new or refurbished on this car. The underside and engine compartment are as clean and look as great as the exterior and interior. Great attention was paid to detail so that this car would offer the drivability and reliability of a newer automobile with the look and vigor of the classic American muscle car. It has a superb combination of aftermarket and OEM parts to bring a perfect blend of the old and new.

The car runs and drives perfectly. With the pump-gas-friendly 472 custom-built HEMI and the 5-speed Tremec transmission, this car is an exceptional cruiser. With other features like the large drilled-rotor disc brakes on all four wheels, power steering, vintage air conditioning and special classic-looking radio with modern sound system technology, the car truly has the amenities of a newer sports car that make it comfortable and driver-friendly. With its 3” x-pipe exhaust and the monstrous HEMI powerplant, the car lopes and rumbles like a true Mopar muscle car should. With its estimated 550+ horsepower, this car has incredible power, responsiveness and torque!

This car is certainly SHOW worthy, but for me it is not a trailer queen. I have the car so that I can drive and enjoy it. It only comes out on nice days and remains under a custom-fitted California car cover in my garage the rest of time. This car is truly pampered. The car has very few imperfections that have come as normal wear from driving the car -- they are barely noticeable and have been touched up along the way.

Over $125,000 has been invested in this car -- I have every receipt saved and organized in a filing cabinet. The Cuda has less than 300 miles on it since the complete restoration was finished this Spring. I’m now on the prowl for my next car and have reluctantly decided to sell this one in order to help finance the next one. I will continue to drive the Cuda until it sells, so I will be adding a little more mileage to the odometer with each passing week.

Here's a list of of some of the most notable features of this car:

SASSY GRASS GREEN PAINT WITH BLACK HEMI BILLBOARDS & BLACK INTERIOR

472 CUSTOM-BUILT HEMI WITH ALUMINUM HEADS -- 10.5 to 1 compression ratio (computer balanced) and runs on 93 Octane pump gas

TRUE HEMI K-FRAME

ALUMINUM RADIATOR WITH DUAL ELECTRIC FANS

MOPAR REPLICA BATTERY -- looks like the original but works like a new battery

EXTENSIVE POWDER COATING -- wherever I could, I had parts powder coated instead of painted for an extra sharp finish and durability… just a few of the parts that were powder coated include: shaker base plate, shaker adapter ring, k-member, leaf spring brackets, flywheel cover, and many other suspension parts.

LOW PROFILE MILODON PERFORMANCE/RACING OIL PAN -- added to help with the lowered stance of the car so that there would be no clearance while driving

2” MOPAR DROPPED SPINDLES (from Magnum Force) -- installed to get the car lowered while still keeping the suspension geometry correct and true

TKO600 5-SPEED TREMEC OVERDRIVE MANUAL TRANSMISSION

CUSTOM-BUILT STRANGE ENGINEERING DANA 60 REAR END WITH 3:54 GEARS

EXACT REPRODUCTION REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

COMLETELY REFURBISHED OEM RIMBLOW STEERING WHEEL WITH FISH CAP

HEAVY DUTY KEISLER DRIVE SHAFT

3” X-PIPE EXHAUST WITH CUDA CHROME EXHAUST TIPS

WILWOOD 4-WHEEL DISC BRAKES, SLOTTED AND DRILLED ROTORS

FIRM FEEL FAST-RATIO STEERING BOX, PITMAN & IDLER ARMS

FULLY-ADJUSTABLE TUBULAR UPPER A-ARMS

18” BOSS WHEELS WRAPPED IN Z-RATED BF GOODRICH TIRES
wheels front: 18x8, 4.5" backspacing
wheels back: 18x9.5, 5" backspacing
tires front: 245/40ZR-18 BFGoodrich G-Force Sport
tires back: 275/40ZR-18 BFGoodrich G-Force Sport

VINTAGE AIR AC -- with control panel worked into the dash for an original, factory look

PISTOL GRIP SHIFTER WITH 5-SPEED SHIFT PATTERN LENS

IDIDIT TILT STEERING COLUMN WITH MOPAR CRUSH CAN

FULL UNDERBODY COATING TO PROTECT FROM CHIPS AND CORROSION

FACTORY-STYLE AM-FM RADIO BUILT WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY (INCLUDING IPOD/MP3 PLAYER PLUG-IN) AND HOOKED INTO MODERN SPEAKERS INSTALLED INTO THE STOCK LOCATIONS, FRONT AND REAR

ALL NEW INTERIOR INCLUDING CARPET, HEADLINER, SEAT COVERS, SEAT BELTS, INTERIOR/DOOR PANELS, DOOR HANDLES, WINDOW CRANKS, ETC.

NEW EXTERIOR STAINLESS: tail panel trim, wheel well trim, door top trim, grill trim, headlight bezels, tail lights, cowl trim, fender gills, drip rails

FULL DYNAMAT INSULATION UNDER CARPET FOR A QUIETER RIDE

BRAND NEW TAIL LIGHT LENSES AND CHROME TRIM

NEW DOOR AND QUARTER GLASS

ROAD LAMPS

HOOD PINS

LEATHER SEAT COVERS FROM LEGENDARY INSTALLED ON SEATS WITH NEW FOAM AND ALL NEW SEAT TRACKS

SHAKER HOOD (FUNCTIONAL SHAKER DOORS FOR THE SHAKER BUBBLE INCLUDED BUT NOT INSTALLED)

FRONT EYEBROW SPOILERS

REAR, 71-CORRECT GULL WING TRUNK SPOILER

FRONT AND REAR ELASTOMERIC PAINTED BUMPERS

COLOR CODED GRILL WITH ALL NEW STAINLESS AND FASTENERS THROUGHOUT

BRAND NEW SET OF CORRECT-STYLE RALLYE GAUGES FROM R-T ENGINEERING

SPACE-SAVER SPARE TIRE WITH INFLATION BOTTLE

COMPLETE JACK -- installed in trunk

Get even more information and see for yourself exactly how much attention was paid to every detail on the car by checking out the web page that I dedicated to the build: http://www.71cuda.net. Feel free to ask any questions. I would welcome and encourage you to come and see this car in person if you can. You won't be disappointed.

Asking $89,000.

You can contact me at [email protected].

Thanks for looking. God Bless!

april2011b.jpg

april2011e.jpg

april2011f.jpg

april2011g.jpg

april2011l.jpg

april2011n.jpg

april2011p.jpg

Last edited:

6packcuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got to be kidding me! After all you went through to get that car finished, now you're going to sell it?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got to be kidding me! After all you went through to get that car finished, now you're going to sell it?

I was thinking the same thing! I guess the thrill for some of us is the chase and not the end result! $89,000 is a little too rich for my blood but this is truly an awesome looking car! What is the next project going to be?

71cudajoe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep. I love the car. It turned out exactly as I had hoped, but it wasn't without its difficulties for sure. I will miss her, but I think for me the thrill of the hunt is what I thrive.

I am going to get a different car to replace the cuda. I'm just not sure yet what I'm going to get - it will most likely be of the convertible variety. I figured it will take quite a while to sell the car, so I figured I'd put it out there now and enjoy it in the meantime. I wanted to offer it up to the Mopar community first for a while, because I'd like her to go to someone that I know will truly appreciate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back