• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Greetings!

Moto

Reaction score
Hello Mopar fans!
New member here. 1st Challenger I had was a 72, 318 car. Got it from my brother that was starting a family. I drove it until it was totalled pulling out of a parking lot on a rainy day. You couldn't see to the left as an RV was parked along side the road near the exit. A lady driving a land yacht (Ford LTD pre-ABS) just slammed on her brakes with the wet road giving no grip as I inched out to the street. She hit the front 1/4 of my car, totalling it. I was devastated.
I subsequently bought another. A '71, Deputy model with a slant 6. No A/C, but rear windows did roll down. The body was in great condition, aside from some door dings, etc. Rust free Ca. car. Naturally the 6 had to go. Dropped a 360 into it with 340 heads and a 270° cam. Got some 3:55 gears with sure grip. It ripped! Ran the 1/4, 13.65 @ 106 on street tires. This was around 1987.
As many know, life happens and priorities shift. I wanted to eventually make it into an autocross machine, but it never panned out. I begrudgingly sold the body in 2018 to someone in Quebec.
Got some odds and ends still around that needs to go before I can bail from this state that I love, but is changing for the worse.

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Hello Mopar fans!
New member here. 1st Challenger I had was a 72, 318 car. Got it from my brother that was starting a family. I drove it until it was totalled pulling out of a parking lot on a rainy day. You couldn't see to the left as an RV was parked along side the road near the exit. A lady driving a land yacht (Ford LTD pre-ABS) just slammed on her brakes with the wet road giving no grip as I inched out to the street. She hit the front 1/4 of my car, totalling it. I was devastated.
I subsequently bought another. A '71, Deputy model with a slant 6. No A/C, but rear windows did roll down. The body was in great condition, aside from some door dings, etc. Rust free Ca. car. Naturally the 6 had to go. Dropped a 360 into it with 340 heads and a 270° cam. Got some 3:55 gears with sure grip. It ripped! Ran the 1/4, 13.65 @ 106 on street tires. This was around 1987.
As many know, life happens and priorities shift. I wanted to eventually make it into an autocross machine, but it never panned out. I begrudgingly sold the body in 2018 to someone in Quebec.
Got some odds and ends still around that needs to go before I can bail from this state that I love, but is changing for the worse.
Welcome to this site. From Utah

Back