• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Headlight surrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also looking for a driveshaft I have a 440/727 8 3/4 rear

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
70chhlbz0126_01.jpg

Matt
FYI The RT bezels are in black, and non RT cars had textured argent. This is a pic of reproduction pieces. If you can't find them here, Used ones are also available off of ebay in all different conditions and prices.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m switching my 73 to a 70 I have the grill the filler and am looking for the headlight Basel’s what else do I need ??

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The 72-74 Challengers did not have the headlight bucket panel welded to that part of the fender and used the fiberglass grill with the buckets built in.
70-71 Challengers had a metal bucket panel welded to the fender to accommodate the installation of headlights. Some people who make this modification use a 70-71 fender (side lite makers are also different but fit the car.
Other option is to weld in a bucket into the 73 fender. Off course you would need a 70 grill, the bezels, hood latch, hood moldings, and other mounting parts that are different on a 70.
Keep in mind that many other parts are different; front bumpers and brackets- bumper protrudes further out on your car.

You can purchase reproduction buckets for a 70-71 from BEA Parts
to convert your fenders.
Someone here may be able to explain this better then me. It is a lot of work to make this switch. This is just the work on the front end of the car.

223.jpg

upload_2018-6-22_19-46-1.jpeg

Matt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank u guys so much I will openly admit I’m a newb to mopar I’m a converted chevy guy lol

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some people look to make this conversion to a 70 Challenger. My description above was just referring to the grill area. Depending on how far you want to go with a conversion, the tail light panel would have to be changed to accommodate the 70 tail lights. The are many other differences (interior, dash, rear valance panel- and other parts) to make a full conversion.
It would be cheaper to sell your car and just buy a 1970.
Why not just keep the 73, a 73 and enhance the car in other ways.
A 73 Challenger is still a cool Challenger!
Dino2 (1).gif

Matt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just doing front for now car is going to b a street/drag car

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 72-74 Challengers did not have the headlight bucket panel welded to that part of the fender and used the fiberglass grill with the buckets built in.
70-71 Challengers had a metal bucket panel welded to the fender to accommodate the installation of headlights. Some people who make this modification use a 70-71 fender (side lite makers are also different but fit the car.
Other option is to weld in a bucket into the 73 fender. Off course you would need a 70 grill, the bezels, hood latch, hood moldings, and other mounting parts that are different on a 70.
Keep in mind that many other parts are different; front bumpers and brackets- bumper protrudes further out on your car.

You can purchase reproduction buckets for a 70-71 from BEA Parts
to convert your fenders.
Someone here may be able to explain this better then me. It is a lot of work to make this switch. This is just the work on the front end of the car.

View attachment 50433

View attachment 50432

Are you sure Challenger h/l buckets are available? Those look like 71 cuda. Similar, but very different.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are you sure Challenger h/l buckets are available? Those look like 71 cuda. Similar, but very different.

quapman Good question?
They are listed for "e" bodies in the BEA catalog on line.
#223 $317.00
223.jpg

The catalog reads;
"Brackets for Headlight Bucket on 4 Light Setup Including Mounting Feet (2-Set)"
E Body Type Exterior
the L brackets do look like the one's used on a 70 Challenger and hook to the radiator frame.
May be they were designed to be multi-use for 4 headlight configurations?

Mopar Restoration Parts, B/E & A Restoration, Mike Ross, New New Stock
Dino2 (1).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back