• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Headlights

nakabrd

Reaction score
I'm putting a '70 Challenger RT back together and have used all new harnesses from M&H. I hooked up a battery for the first time and turned on the lights and honked the horn but got nothing. I checked and I have voltage to the starter relay, ballast resistor , fuses.....but no voltage to the headlight plug or horn plug. What should I check next? I'm a novice with electrical issues so please bear with me. Thanks for the help.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I'm putting a '70 Challenger RT back together and have used all new harnesses from M&H. I hooked up a battery for the first time and turned on the lights and honked the horn but got nothing. I checked and I have voltage to the starter relay, ballast resistor , fuses.....but no voltage to the headlight plug or horn plug. What should I check next? I'm a novice with electrical issues so please bear with me. Thanks for the help.
I received 1 & had the same problem found the brake warning wire & the horn wire was reversed the brake warning light was on could be slightly different wiring between models
Do not change wiring without first testing i found with a meter on the wire to the brake proportioning valve sensor turned on when i pressed the horn
Also check the horn relay is clicking when you press the horn

Last edited:

nakabrd

Reaction score
Thanks AUSTA. I'll test that. If they were reversed, would the horn honk when I turn the lights on and vise versa?

AUSTA

Reaction score
HaHa no it is the brake pressure sensor i was talking about on the proportioning valve controls the red low brake pressure
light on the dash

nakabrd

Reaction score
Ya, I was just kidding with you. Thanks again AUSTA.

Back