• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Headliner.

Big AL

Reaction score
The Headliner on my 70 R/T has a small tear at the seam next to the Dome light
my question is how much should I pay to have it installed ? I will be furnishing
the Headliner how much just for Labor ?

budascuda

Reaction score
Nowadays it seems nobody is going to give up his day for less than 500, that's Canadian tho, I don't know how it compares to the states. But buy the time its all said and done, will be a day's work , probably 350/500 usd ?

rklein71

Reaction score
I did my headliner myself, in my 69 383-s and my 71 Barracuda. I was extremely pleased with the results. My thought process was, i could mess up at least twice and still save money.

budascuda

Reaction score
I do my own work too, thats the point I think. Plus, you can pay more attention to details than a guy who just wants to 'get her done"
I would get the screw kit for the interior as well, the new chrome heads give the interior that star studded look.

Big AL

Reaction score
I do my own work too, thats the point I think. Plus, you can pay more attention to details than a guy who just wants to 'get her done"
I would get the screw kit for the interior as well, the new chrome heads give the interior that star studded look.
That's great if you know more or less what you're doing..But if you don't why mess it up just to end up taking it to the Pros !, If I knew how to do it hell yeah I'd do it myself....Peace.

rklein71

Reaction score
That's great if you know more or less what you're doing..But if you don't why mess it up just to end up taking it to the Pros !, If I knew how to do it hell yeah I'd do it myself....Peace.

I had no real clue the first time I did it, google is amazing for things like this. I was just trying to encourage you that it really is not as hard as some people say. No judgement here, just trying to help. Peace!

moparlee

Reaction score
My go to guy who is a true professional and does top notch auto interior and vinyl top work charged me $395 for my head liner install a couple a years ago and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Tight as a drum and no wrinkles.

chargerdon

Reaction score
First, i agree...somewhere in the $400-$700 US range is about normal for just labor. It does take even an experienced installer the better part of a day to perform the install and that is with a "helper" for at least 2-4 hours. At $50 an hour there goes a quick $400 or better and another $100-$200 for his helper, and floor space.

Second, I installed the headliner in my 74 Challenger myself (with the wife helping)...it truly is a job best done by two sets of hands. I watched several youtube videos to get the needed know how. When finished it is "ok" not as good as what a professional with experience would have done. But then those are hard to find for that price... Good enough for a daily driver, but, if it was for a concourse show car i would have gone to a pro. PS...it did take me a full day to do it even with the wife helping.

budascuda

Reaction score
My go to guy who is a true professional and does top notch auto interior and vinyl top work charged me $395 for my head liner install a couple a years ago and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Tight as a drum and no wrinkles.

All things considered, if you live a busy life and you do have access to a pro you trust, why not. 400 bucks is worth it. a win win situation for sure!
Drop off the keys in the morning, pick it up all done up in the evening, like a gentleman......

Back