1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

Hemi swap questions

New Hemi Swaps

1. Sublimeone

Sublimeone Member

Here is how I did mine, apologize it is on my Demon not my cuda. But same set of problems. And I went Dakota dash and never looked back.

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hubes71

Hubes71 Member

Made some progress from cardboard to PVC this weekend .

20190217_130729.jpg

20190217_120447.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. MoparMatej71

MoparMatej71 Member

I would be very interested and grateful for some of that advice. Currently rebuilding a 71 Challenger. Just got a 5.7 out of a 2013 Charger (with a 5 speed transmission). Car will not be ready for the motor until this summer so I am trying to get all ducks in a row before then. I grew up in a body shop, so under the hood is certainly not my specialty (although I am sure I know more than the average person on the street). Trying to do all that I can myself. Appreciate it.

IMG_1331.JPG

4. Hubes71

Hubes71 Member

I started with a different beast. Mine was a 5.7 out of a 05 Magnum. I used Cherokee manifolds and built my own exhaust system. The Magnum manifolds hit the frame on the passenger side. This also allowed me to keep my factory power steering box. I built my own motor mounts because I moved the passenger side k member mount back so I didn't have to use an angled oil filter mount or any filter relocation kit. I used my original 833 4 speed , this allowed for simple transmission installation (everything factory behind flywheel ). Also built my own in-tank fuel pump unit. I'm a tool maker by trade and have my own basement machine shop, so I am able to build a lot myself. I will admit that I my not have a lot of money in my build but I have an insane amount of time in it. If you have specific questions, I will try to help. Pictures ,sketches, measurements.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hubes71

Hubes71 Member

Also, I used a hydroboost system from a GM truck. Braking performance and feel is awesome . Highly recommend if you don't already have the factory set up.

6. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Active Member

Not to hijack the thread but I have been going nuts researching hydroboost manufacturers and there is an insane lead time on them. I was thinking of just getting a reman Gm hydroboost and retrofitting it myself... Is that what you did? Any pointers?

7. Hubes71

Hubes71 Member

I found the whole set up fairly painless. Built an aluminum adapter plate for the firewall and pretty much bolted it right in. I used the Challenger proportioning valve and most of the pedal linkage. The hydraulic plumbing is a snap as well. I used actual hydraulic hoses mostly because I have a shop nearby with all the fittings (made it easy, but is way overkill and not as pretty as stainless braided hose). I will need to check out the linkage to refresh my memory as to what I did as it was done about 6 years ago. Again, you will not regret going this way. I'll post some pics and see if that helps with more specific details.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  8. Hubes71

Hubes71 Member

Update on the air box. Paint, wiring and lid yet.

20190224_120215.jpg

20190224_120116.jpg

9. rolling_thunder

rolling_thunder Well-Known Member