• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

HI-SPEED AUTOCROSS and ROAD RACING - OCT 4 & 5, 2014 - JOLIET AUTOBAHN (CHICAGO AREA

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Fellow E-Body friends -- As I've done in the past, I'd like to try get a gathering of us together at a weekend for HSAX, or at least lapping during the lunch time W2W race event.

I'll be entering the final 2014 HSAX event from the Midwest Council of Sports Car Clubs ( www.mcscc.org see schedule) on Saturday, Oct 4. Then, on Sunday, Oct 5, I'll be the official "Pace Car" for the wheel-to-wheel races that day in the afternoon... about SIX 30-minute races... practice and qualifying in the morning.

Also, I'm attempting to get the Chicagolnd Mopar Connection club to join us for either day... beautiful car show area for us can/will be retained.

I'll be camping overnight at the track Sat eveng (maybe from Friday evening as well). You, too, are welcome to camp overnight (I could save spaces for your tent, etc, ahead if you let me know and we can be grouped together). Nice clean bathrooms/showers on site; outdoor rest't for food. Excellent viewing areas of the track.

If any of you can attend Saturday, we can run together and have good social times. If any of you come on Sunday, typically there is free lunch-time track lapping/touring for spectators... lasts about 30-45 minutes... it's cool to have my favorite cars -- MOPARS -- on the track for good pictures! (Please NOTE: no guarantee for the lunchtime lapping/touring pending time, weather, etc, but they usually fit it into the schedule.)

Some of you may know Brian Garcia (aka "cudapilot) -- he runs a vintage GT-1/TransAm 1967 Gurney-ized B'Cuda fastback. He'll favorably be running his car at that event on the Sunday W2W races... come and check out his awesome car!

Local hotels are available if you wish. The Joliet AUTOBAHN Country Club is a newer road race track located about 50 miles SW of Chicago.

I'll be posting more info. PM me if you want and we'll talk further.

modify_inline.gif

Back