• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Holes from trim?

Caramon311

Reaction score
Quick question, I just picked up a 70 Challenger and it has holes down both full sides of the body from where it had trim before. I definitely don't want to put trim back on it, but also don't want to replace all the panels. What would be the best option for filling or covering the holes?

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi Caramon, Welcome to the forum. The trim will protect the side of your car to others that might not think much of your car when they get out of theirs. As for filling the holes up, if you are going to repaint your car, yes, mig welding them closed is the best way I think. After all of the body work is done you will be able to see if you have distorted panels that have to be worked out. The heat from the weld work will cause the just a little distortion. If you are having someone do your body work they should know just how to work the panel straight. Good luck and as always, everyone loves pictures to see your car in work.
:icon_wink:
azmoparboy

Last edited:
Back