• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Holley Sniper on 440

Iguana

Reaction score
I have read mixed reviews on the Holley Sniper, but after having the system installed on the 440 in my 72, I love it. I had the matching electronic ignition system installed too. Incredibly smooth and amazing throttle response. I can't speak to the difficulty of the install, but the shop that did it had it done in about 4 hours. I had to get a dropped air cleaner base for clearance. A better sized top and filter are on order.. The only downside is the external inline fuel pump is very loud. Next upgrade will be a new tank with built in fuel pump. But if you are considering the Sniper, so far I'd totally recommend it.

0212211712b_HDR.jpg

0212211713a_HDR.jpg

0212211713_HDR.jpg

0215211522_HDR.jpg

0213211728_HDR.jpg

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have a 71 Cuda with the Tanks Inc. with the walbro pump inside for over 2 years and only time I hear it is when I turn key on to start it, once running the only thing I hear is the engine.

Iguana

Reaction score
I have a 71 Cuda with the Tanks Inc. with the walbro pump inside for over 2 years and only time I hear it is when I turn key on to start it, once running the only thing I hear is the engine.
Awesome. Thanks. That's definitely what I need to do then.

Cuddy

Reaction score
working on the same set up for my 498. doing all the same things with the ignition, distributor and tank so thank you for posting this. I can't to see how the car runs. very cool

Jeff's 70 R/T

Reaction score
Just finished up my Sniper install on my 1970 Challenger. 500ci, Indy heads, Comp roller cam, Super Stealth, Tanks inc tank, Walbro pump, 5 speed , Dana 60. Install was pretty straight forward. Hardest part was fabricating and running the fuel lines like I wanted and getting the shaker stuff to fit! Started right up, runs great. I've only got couple hundred miles since install, so I know I need to do some lap top tuning, but that's half the fun! Installing a Terminator X on a customer's '69 GTO right now. If I had to do it again, I would choose the Terminator. If I can be of any assistance to any one else with their install, please ask. Jeff

Attachments

• Shaker-2.jpg
    Shaker-2.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 485
  • Shaker.jpg
    Shaker.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 314

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Just finished up my Sniper install on my 1970 Challenger. 500ci, Indy heads, Comp roller cam, Super Stealth, Tanks inc tank, Walbro pump, 5 speed , Dana 60. Install was pretty straight forward. Hardest part was fabricating and running the fuel lines like I wanted and getting the shaker stuff to fit! Started right up, runs great. I've only got couple hundred miles since install, so I know I need to do some lap top tuning, but that's half the fun! Installing a Terminator X on a customer's '69 GTO right now. If I had to do it again, I would choose the Terminator. If I can be of any assistance to any one else with their install, please ask. Jeff
I just purchased the Terminator X Stealth EFI kit (awaiting delivery), the Hyperspark ignition and distributor, and the Tanks, Inc. tank with new fuel line from EFI Systems Pro. I am also running a 500 ci crate motor with Indy 440EZ heads, Comp Cam (.545/241/[email protected]). Thanks for letting us know you like the EFI on your setup!

I am worried about getting the shaker to fit properly so knowing it worked out for you is good to hear.

Jeff's 70 R/T

Reaction score
I just purchased the Terminator X Stealth EFI kit (awaiting delivery), the Hyperspark ignition and distributor, and the Tanks, Inc. tank with new fuel line from EFI Systems Pro. I am also running a 500 ci crate motor with Indy 440EZ heads, Comp Cam (.545/241/[email protected]). Thanks for letting us know you like the EFI on your setup!

I am worried about getting the shaker to fit properly so knowing it worked out for you is good to hear.
Hey MoparCarGuy, I buy all my fuel injection from Chris at EFI Pro. Great guy to deal with. Holley must have a back-log on orders. I've been waiting about 4 weeks for my customer vehicle parts. I had to do a lot of modification to my shaker base to get everything to fit. I have a lot of pictures of the modifications. I had to drop my base about 2" to get it to fit. Sure was worth it tho! Your build sounds just like mine. Let me know if you need anything! Jeff

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Hey MoparCarGuy, I buy all my fuel injection from Chris at EFI Pro. Great guy to deal with. Holley must have a back-log on orders. I've been waiting about 4 weeks for my customer vehicle parts. I had to do a lot of modification to my shaker base to get everything to fit. I have a lot of pictures of the modifications. I had to drop my base about 2" to get it to fit. Sure was worth it tho! Your build sounds just like mine. Let me know if you need anything! Jeff
I have a modified fiberglass repro shaker base which is bonded to an aluminum drop-base air cleaner. It is an older Moroso gold anodized base which is now black.
I needed the drop-base in order to use the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and still have the shaker sit properly in the trim ring. If I am lucky, the Terminator X Stealth will fit perfectly with no further shaker mods since I am already running a QFT 850cfm carb. 🤞

QFT Carb on RPM Intake.jpg

Back