• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hood holes dimensions/location for 70 -74 Challenger engine callout emblems

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
challenger hood holes x - Copy 1.12.jpg

challenger hood callout.png

challenger hood callout grid.png

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

Hood holes dimensions/location for 70 - 74 Challenger engine callout emblems. From what I see the back hole is about 11 1/2" back from the hood scoop opening. Need to fine tune I believe it is with in an 1/8". midway on vertical.
Anybody have a better answer post it.​

KMikk

Reaction score
Do all the emblems share the same hole location? i was thinking they do not, but im not sure.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I can't say for sure . But it make no scene to have more then one hole location for differnt hood callouts on the assembly line.

Reaction score
I know for sure all Cuda's use the same 2 holes for engine call outs on rally hoods, 340 383 440 440-6
On Shakers they used 3 holes but the 2 outermost ones are the same dimensions as rally hood call outs.
Example is my 440-6 call outs from my original rally hood fit the existing outermost holes in my OEM Shaker bubble, leaving the centre hole open.
I have little experience with Challenger hoods though, follow moparleo's advice and drill holes for the callout's you are using

Rapidfire

Reaction score
The studs should be 1/8 inch on most emblems, so you should drill a 5/32 hole for the barrel nuts, but make sure your emblem stud is 1/8! I used a magnetic sheet and carefully traced the outline of my emblem (440 MAGNUM) after I located the stud holes in the sheet. Then you can adjust the template on the hood with the correct measurements and when it's looks good then I marked and drilled my holes using a smaller than 5/32 bit to start with. it took me about an hour to do each side but turned out great IMO.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 160

Slug

Reaction score
Where are you located? I'm in new York if you want to make a template. Mine is a 340 emblem that is not on the hood right now

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Nebraska. Yes, I could make one for you, but they are real easy to make. Just need a piece of magnetic sheet and a fine line sharpie pen and a sharp pair of small scissors and 1/8 hole punch. You would also need the stock measurement from the back edge of the hood to the first hole then mark and put template on and then level and get the up and down spacing right. I can get the measurement for you then the rest is just small measuring adjustments. Only drill one hole at a time, then check if it still correct. It's easier to adjust one hole than two. There are no access to the inside of the hood to attach nuts so you have to use barrel nuts. Another idea is to take the studs off the emblem and use two sided tape like the factory did on the challenger emblem on the deck lid. I like old school way of doing it, plus i can pull them off easy using the barrel nuts. Anyway, I will sure help you however you want to do it! :)

KMikk

Reaction score
I know for sure all Cuda's use the same 2 holes for engine call outs on rally hoods, 340 383 440 440-6
On Shakers they used 3 holes but the 2 outermost ones are the same dimensions as rally hood call outs.
Example is my 440-6 call outs from my original rally hood fit the existing outermost holes in my OEM Shaker bubble, leaving the centre hole open.
I have little experience with Challenger hoods though, follow moparleo's advice and drill holes for the callout's you a
I have little experience with Challenger hoods though, follow moparleo's advice and drill holes for the callout's you are using
Ok, that makes sense about the 3 hole shaker engine call outs. The 426 hemi badges I have are 3 hole. does that mean they also make two hole Hemi badges?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

Hood holes dimensions/location for 70 - 74 Challenger engine callout emblems. From what I see the back hole is about 11 1/2" back from the hood scoop opening. Need to fine tune I believe it is with in a 1/12" .085. place midway on vertical. 5.5" from edge of hood. Use a piece of paper to square up off of edge.​

Anybody have a better answer post it.​

Last edited:
Back