• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Housing resto 70 challenger

fk5aar

Reaction score
Really just a scrubbing, cleaning, and painting. Did it all with rattle cans. The duplicalor for the inside of the rear housings. Not OE just easy lol

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

fk5aar

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the connection on these housings don't seem to be like the 1970 connections I have seen( with the one metal piece and one plastic piece) what do you guys think???? I got them off eBay so maybe 71s

moparlee

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the connection on these housings don't seem to be like the 1970 connections I have seen( with the one metal piece and one plastic piece) what do you guys think???? I got them off eBay so maybe 71s

They are not 71 end connectors. 71's are like the 70's with the flat yellow rubbery type for the round male/female ends. Your housings turned out nice. What is the color name for the Duplicolor?

fk5aar

Reaction score
Sharing the love, not sure about the color moparlee. It just says color of top or something like that on the lid of the can. I'm sure I bought it at oreilys, the paint I used for the outside housings I got at Carlisle show. Does anybody have a good flat black paint they would recommend for the black bezel part?

IMG_0937.JPG

1969VADart

Reaction score
Sharing the love, not sure about the color moparlee. It just says color of top or something like that on the lid of the can. I'm sure I bought it at oreilys, the paint I used for the outside housings I got at Carlisle show. Does anybody have a good flat black paint they would recommend for the black bezel part?

View attachment 43220

If you are just rattle canning it, I would recommend the Krylon Flat Black. I used that color on my Dart for a lot of parts. Actually, I think I used Semi-Flat because it just looked a little better. I would give either of those a try and see which finish you like best.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice va dart, I'm in Roanoke btw. I'm happy with the rattle can results and don't know any oe resto shops close so this will have to work. If the pieces come out looking clean and 100 percent better than they started I am happy. At least it's another coat of coat to protect the original pieces.

Avalanche

Reaction score
The SEM trim black looks close to original. Has a light sheen, somewhere between flat and semi

fk5aar

Reaction score
I went with duplicor semi-flat, it was at advanced auto so easy to get, I'm please with the results. Once I get the new bezels for chally housing I will post those too!

IMG_0948.JPG

quapman

Reaction score
I really like Krylon, too. Beware, however that they changed the names of their blacks. The really flat one is now called "Flat Black" and the semi-flat is "Matte Black". (I hope I got that right. :O )

fk5aar

Reaction score
Here is the semi gloss I used for my horns it came out a really nice matte finish, the original finish may have been more shiny but I think these turned out great

IMG_0968.JPG

aussiemark

Reaction score
I seen a can of engine paint in a photo that stuff doesn't harden properly without heat, you can always smell it when a new engine is fired up and the smell doesn't go away until the paint is cured without the heat it will always be soft and scratch easy.

fk5aar

Reaction score
This has ceramic in it too, oh well it's nicer than what they were. Thanks for the info,

IMG_0995.JPG

Back