• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to Remove Remote Mirror Bezel?

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
I have a 72 Challenger that I need to remove the driver door panel. How do I remove the remote mirror control bezel?

20230829_061139[1].jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
You should be able to remove the door panel with that still on, the cables are long enough. I've done that on my '70 before. Then it should just screw off like a normal nut or like the antenna bezel. If yours is spinning the whole part I'd carefully grasp the unit from behind then tap away at turning it off unless you have a special tool.

Remote_mech.jpg

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
You should be able to remove the door panel with that still on, the cables are long enough. I've done that on my '70 before. Then it should just screw off like a normal nut or like the antenna bezel. If yours is spinning the whole part I'd carefully grasp the unit from behind then tap away at turning it off unless you have a special tool.

View attachment 111531
Thank you!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Once I removed mine for the first time (with needle nose pliers), I've just left it finger tight since. I can get an e-body door panel off in under a minute these days!

Steve340

Reaction score
I made a tool to undo and tighten mine. Just a thin section of aluminium plate. They don't need to be really tightened.
There is also a special tin plate washer that goes on the control housing - behind the door panel.
Mega Parts sells them for $5. Part number 183-2945603

Back