• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I screwed up and need Two pieces badly

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I need a pair of quarter glass trim pieces for a 71 Challenger with the vinyl top, they’re about an inch and a quarter wide about 10 inches long two clips and one retaining screw hold them on the left and right outside the quarter windows.

I’ve been restoring this thing seven years coming next month and these are the only two pieces of the several thousand that I have taken off of this card and restarted and put back that I am missing. I’m kind of desperate cause I need to get this car finished in the next couple of weeks and there’s a lot I cannot do until I get these installed.

Does anyone have a pair I can buy that are not dented I can do all the polishing myself

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
6C25002A-F0E3-4BC6-940F-CCDB14F2AFB2.jpeg

B1397824-6A72-4021-921C-624152B49EF2.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
They are hard to find. I was fortunate enough to still have them for my '71. If I recall right, they were one of the last pieces that I put on when I restored my car.
BTW, they are same for a '70 SE.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Thank you fir that info. But the rear clip on mine was a nut clip I thought…. Gotta go back through the pictures to be sure, but I hate to assemble the quarter glass then inner side panels and seats to find out later that I have to remove them again. This is a Challenge lr Deputy, the quarter windows get slid up the giude and bolted in place permanently, there’s no rear regulators.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Ok good, haven’t found my before and after pictures, so I wasn’t sure.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I am familiar with the clips. I am familiar with every square inch of this car.
I just am not familiar with where the hell I stuck these two pieces and there’s no way I’m paying 400 bucks for a pair of trim pieces not even 10 inches long…. Effing eBay and good lord I have spent the last five days cleaning, organizing, and rearranging my shop looking for these two pieces

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
This is a clients car, I just don’t have $400 to throw away on two pieces of stainless trim that I remove from this car and polished and put with the rest of the trim but I’ve now disappeared. This is a clients car, I just don’t have $400 to throw away on two pieces of stainless trim that I removed from this car and polished and put with the rest of the trim but I’ve now disappeared.
Next month it’ll be seven years I’ve been restoring this car 😫😫😭😭😭

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I’m blown away. I have many rare Chevy and fird parts stainless, switches etc, and I would never ask damn near mortgage prices for them.

I’ve been fully and thoroughly searching my shop and storage for these two pieces, and still coming up dry.

moparlee

Reaction score
I’m blown away. I have many rare Chevy and fird parts stainless, switches etc, and I would never ask damn near mortgage prices for them.

I’ve been fully and thoroughly searching my shop and storage for these two pieces, and still coming up dry.
I hear ya, but try to find two more.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
🤣😎. Yes but the day after they arrive I’ll find five sets in mint condition on eBay for sixty bucks each! 🤣🤣🤣

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Well, by the logic of their rarity, and they’re asking price. What would you suppose some premium, stainless trim off of a 63 dodge 880 custom sedan would go for in its rarity?

I can compensate for my loss by selling pieces of this custom-made any I have that I only purchased for the motor

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The price is a combination of rarity and desirability. Challenger's and more so Cuda's are high on the desirability scale. Add to that a rare part and you get high pricing.

wayne970

Reaction score
I think i have a pair i'll look this morning. Not sure of the clips

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I have access to the clips, if you have a pair I could polish up and I’m not having to get a second mortgage to buy them I will be very grateful.

Back