• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ID Caliper

GregDaro

Reaction score
Can anyone ID this disk brake caliper? It is on a 1970 Challenger and as you can see, it is new. I have searched the number but have found nothing. It looks very much like the original for 1970, but it is also similar to what GM used.

IMG_2433.jpeg

Steve340

Reaction score
Not sure what it is actually off but it is not original - probably a disc brake conversion kit.
The original callipers were pin style Kelsey Hayes.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Yes, definitely not original 70. Sliders work OK, but I like the pin type better. The slider in your picture looks to be reproduction/after market Mopar parts. At least the caliper bracket has a factory looking number. Are the brakes working OK?

GregDaro

Reaction score
Yes, definitely not original 70. Sliders work OK, but I like the pin type better. The slider in your picture looks to be reproduction/after market Mopar parts. At least the caliper bracket has a factory looking number. Are the brakes working OK?
They do work, the right side pad moves when you on or off the brake. Trying to ID to know what parts.

Back