• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I'm a sucker for marketing

john_wick

Reaction score
Been researching mufflers for the last 8 months or so as it is one of the last items on my project checklist. Just picked up these Borla crate mufflers. If you havent' seen the video from several years back, i'll post it below. Now I don't know that my 383 will sound half as good as that 440 charger in the video but I'm a sucker for marketing. I've had Borla in the past and their quality is top notch. It was either going to be these or the flowmasters but the Borla is just top notch quality and isn't supposed to drone. Probably going to finish the set up with a TTI header back exhaust. But for now, pictures of the mufflers.

john_wick

Reaction score

IMG_20230317_173020716.jpg

IMG_20230317_173016006.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
They make good stuff. JMO
Used them on a C5 vette (wife’s), Channged to Corsa on that car. Nice system. Don’t really hear the Corsa until you get in it. Which is what wanted.
I use the Flowmasters on the Cuda with TTI headers with X-pipe and really like em.
Post your video when you install the Borla’s.

john_wick

Reaction score
They make good stuff. JMO
Used them on a C5 vette (wife’s), Channged to Corsa on that car. Nice system. Don’t really hear the Corsa until you get in it. Which is what wanted.
I use the Flowmasters on the Cuda with TTI headers with X-pipe and really like em.
Post your video when you install the Borla’s.

Will definitely do some videos. Maybe we can fo a comparison of set ups. I'm leaning toward the tti x pipe as well.

moparleo

Reaction score
Are you going with a full exhaust system(mufflers and resonators) or just mufflers ?
Just an fyi, the mufflers are behind the rear of the axle along the trunk and the resonators are under the floorboards.
Most guys think the mufflers are under the floor pan and just put the mufflers there and straight pipes out the rear. This will sound much different than running both.

john_wick

Reaction score
Are you going with a full exhaust system(mufflers and resonators) or just mufflers ?
Just an fyi, the mufflers are behind the rear of the axle along the trunk and the resonators are under the floorboards.
Most guys think the mufflers are under the floor pan and just put the mufflers there and straight pipes out the rear. This will sound much different than running both.
Im really looking for the most user friendly set up (ie minimal welding) and quality which brings me to Tti. Correct me if im wrong but i don't believe their bespoke kits use resonators and mount the mufflers in the rear as you describe which is more of an original set up. Wanting more of an aggressive sound is why i went ahead and purchased the borla mufflers. From many accounts, the dynomax mufflers that can be bundled with tti are pretty tame sounding. These borlas have the same or similar dimensions and hopefully firlt right in with the tti set up.

Do you get more of an aggressive sound mounting the mufflers further up? I believe thats how the b bodys are set up, like in the video above, no?

Back