• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

in tank fuel pump electric suggestions

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hey folks, I have a 70 Challenger standard dash that I am wanting to know what is the best place to tie in the positive wire from the Holley in tank pump? In the instructions, it indicates it should be on a key ON wire but also mentions that it needs to be a crank power supply. Any suggestion where to tap in under dash to accommodate power when cranking and when ON?

Thanks Brian

sixpactogo

Reaction score
I'm not sure what they mean by "crank power supply" but you want to terminate it on a Key on supply. Look at your fuse block to see if there is a empty spade on "ACC". There are two sources for power on the fuse block. One (red) wire goes to Batt always hot. You don't want that one since you don't want the fuel pump powered up all the time. The black wire goes to ACC which is from the ignition switch and only powers the fuses for things like the radio and A/C. If you terminate your fuel pump at that ACC spade you will need to put a 30A fuse inline with that if they didn't supply one because the ACC spade is not fused. Here is a pic

E body fuse block3.jpg

Last edited:

Cratos

Reaction score
I ran a separate fuse block for extra accessories it takes the load off the factory harness ran a relay wire from the acc off the factory block the trigger it on.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The blue circuit in the engine compartment is the run circuit & yes & would run a separate wire & a relay to switch it on , this will not power when cranking tho , but in theory if you turn the key on for a few second before trying to start it it will pressurize the fuel system & should start immediately if you are using EFI . , the brown wire at the ballast is the power while cranking circuit if you need to tie into that but you may have to use a diode to prevent it back feeding depending how other things are connected .

Cratos

Reaction score
10 GA wire from starter relay to relay to new fuse box relay trigger wire from ACC on factory fuse box.

IMG_0186.JPG

Cratos

Reaction score
it has a relay :)

I pulled the front pump out of line 6 psi far flow pulling rear pump out of line next to see if it is the restriction

Back