• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Injection molded convertible rear interior panels

70cuda50

Reaction score
Does anyone know if injection molded rear interior panels for Cuda convertible are available? Seems like only vacuum formed available for verts.
Has anyone had their originals restored. Mine have a bunch of small holes drilled for aftermarket speakers ( and not uniformly done, so spraying them is not a great option either) I would like to replace door panels too but don’t want inferior vacuum molds to match, or mix and match. Thanks

Avalanche

Reaction score
Metro made some good repos. Nothing else is any good. Keep searching for good used ones, they come up every once in a while, but not often. Be ready to pay for them also.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I don't think there are any good convertible reproduction panels.
Palco made some but from what I understand, they suck.
Have not had a vert so I've not had my hands on any.

But if you find some vert panels you better snatch em up. I'd buy a set if the price was right and I don't have a vert.

Might want to try restoring the ones you have.

70cuda50

Reaction score
Talked to Just Dashes. They can Restore for not a lot more than repop and using original so know will fit and look better than repop, so worth the extra $. They have before and after pics of convertible Cuda panels on website. Quite impressive.

Rich G.

Reaction score
They will want to do all four to get them to match. I think I was quoted around 1K when I was looking for them. I did find a pair of Palcos and although they weren’t perfect I thought they were pretty good. My original ones were horrible so a little off was great.

70cuda50

Reaction score
I needed all 4 anyway and will probably do kick panels while I’m at it. Definitely will not be cheap but to have everything fit and look great is worth it considering how visible it all is, and how much I’ve already spent to make everything else look new. Still killing me how much all this is, but I knew that going into this.

ProHemi572

Reaction score
Look at Metro’s! They are the best on the market, same grain pattern, window whiskers like originals. None better! Dave at Roseville may be able to get them for a good price. Check it out.
I would not, personally, get any other brand! Scott

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Look at Metro’s! They are the best on the market, same grain pattern, window whiskers like originals. None better! Dave at Roseville may be able to get them for a good price. Check it out.
I would not, personally, get any other brand! Scott

I agree with that. But I don't think they have convertible panels.

hammer

Reaction score
I have a set of white convertible interior panels that would like to have dyed black. I am here in the Chicago area. Any ideas?

domeboys

Reaction score
I used Just Dashes for my Burnt Orange interior 1970 Challenger convertible. I sent all 8 panels, including seat backs and front kick panels. It was neither speedy nor inexpensive, but I was willing to splurge since the interior is exposed for much of the top-down season and I wanted to do it once and be done. I was worried about what I had read about the repop quality and I also liked keeping the originals. It was five years ago and I am still very pleased.

Back