• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Inner fender raised hinge area

ronscuda

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a few but just starting to get back to restoring... I have a question about the inner fenders on my 70 cuda. I have rust around my mounting area for my hood hinge which I was going to patch but they have raised areas front and back of the mounting hole. I have 2 new AMD inner fenders and they have no raised edge so it is not what I thought I was getting.. Is there any other panels that are more accurate or is this what I should use? Would I be better off keeping my original metal and patching it.. But I do have 2 more small areas on each inner fender so I thought it would be smarter to replace it in one piece? Any help is much appreciated

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

ronscuda

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the raised area I was referring to. The hole in the center I believe my hinge mounts there plus two more towards the cowl. I bought 2 new inner fenders from AMD and they do not have that raised area. Should I look for a better panel or use the AMD without the raised area?

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Your raised area is because of rust under the metal. It should be flat.

ronscuda

Reaction score
It was mentioned to me that it may be rust that bulged the area but it looked pretty uniform to me so I was skeptical. I think I have seen a dynacore panel that had the same buldges?? I guess I can't do any better than the AMD panels I already bought? Thanks for the help

Back