• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Install Trunk Trim - How To? 73 Cuda

Titan1969

Reaction score
Thx in advance. ITs been a while since I have installed exterior trim molding so looking for any pics to guide me.

I ordered the hardware install kit in the pic and have 3 trunk trim pieces to install.
Trunk lid edge trim and one left trim and right trim that attached to outer fenders.

Im not clear how to use the hardware I ordered to install the trim pieces.

I have 6 nuts and 6 sprung bolt pieces, Im guessing this goes to trunk lid trim? Maybe 6 of the white plastic pieces go in the trunk lid first?

Then how do I use the remaining 6 white pieces to attach the side trims?
I did not get any bolts/nuts for edge pieces?

Trunk.png

gzig5

Reaction score
I just took my trunk trim off last weekend. The corners were already off. I believe one of the studs goes on each end of each piece of trim. the white parts are set into holes on the trunk lip and quarter and I think the peg is driven to expand the collet and hold it in the panel. then the trim is snapped down onto the white parts and the nuts put on the studs. When I removed it, I pushed to one side and rotated the trim and used a plastic trim tool to help pry off of the plastic part. Did not damage the trim, but most of the 50 year old plastic parts failed in one way or another so I'll be getting that kit and the one for the door top trim.

Titan1969

Reaction score
ok thanks I did use only the metal spring clips instaled on the side trim and nuts, seems be tight. The trunk lid, Im going to need to order another hardware kit like in the pic.

Back