• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Installed 451

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Well was not sure what Forum to place this in, its not a true restoration, just an upgrade. Over the weekend brother came into town and we removed the small block 360 from my 70 Challenger. Engine was tired, had a few bent pushrods and unknown on mileage and general condition and health. I had a 451 laying around so started gathering all the parts and pieces to make this thing whole. Well first day of vacation we pulled the little rascal out, cleaned the bay and started setting things in. On the first day we ran into a minor issue. I had bought a 727 tricked out from a friend and never really paid any attention to the thing. Well when we went to install it, we noticed a small problem, it was for a small block. No issue, called my buddy up and he found me BB 727 which had been rebuilt, just set us back about a day. Well yesterday we got into installing the 451 and by 9:30 last night we had it fired up and only ran it for about 10 minutes of the cam break-in. Have a few minor issues to work out, belt needs to be tightened, #7 studs leak a bit of water, need to change fuel and valves need to be adjusted, three cylinders tubes glowed, so they are a bit tight and the fuel is probably not up to snuff. Here are a few pictures.

New Engine front Small.jpg

New Engine Side Small1.jpg

photo(3).jpg

CAM00226.jpg

Last edited:

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Ramenth - The engine is a 440 crank, 440 Eagle H-beams, Icon forged 10.1, 452 heads re-built with larger valves, back cut, minor port\cleaning work, Mopar Purple 509, RAS 1.6's (Where sitting around, longer story), balanced, block decked, line bored, Mopar M1, Demon 850, Mopar Electronic with a Revinator box, new 727 with a Hughes 3500 (may be a little high but figured true speed with posted speed will be lower so..., rear-end is a factory 3:91's with a 489 Sure grip. And thank you for asking

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Very cool ,hat should make a little more power then the 318 !!
I hope the Demon is OK , I have had to exorcize more than a few of them , possibly that is why the headers were glowing .

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Actually Chryco, it was excised, had 5 and 7 crossed, purrs like a hungry lion. One of the studs leaked from the exhaust, fixed that - one other leak, pretty sure the filter is not on tight so need to tighten that, with the Demon 850, front cylinders are a bit rich, back ones are good, just a little white for my liking so will work with A/F and timing. Drive line should be back this week, then off for a spin

Back