• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Insurance

SteveLTCuda

Reaction score
Change to Rally Insurance after many years at Condon and Skelly. Found them to have much lower premiums, and higher stated values. Just did this, so no track record... SM

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have used Hagerty road side assistance, and when my driveshaft fell out they sent a truck to flat bed it home. My home insurance went up almost a grand this year, because of all the disasters this year and it seems that they distributed the loss to all companies.

fasjac

Reaction score
Shelter for me, with all the other cars and homes. It’s very inexpensive and you name the value. Obviously, they want to see it and have pics on file.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ANPAC Chrome from American National. I bundle with my my homeowner policy and I get a refund for no claims every year that is more than my collector car insurance for 2 cars.

2Sharp2

Reaction score
For those that suggested State Farm it’s the winner, winner chicken dinner. I have two regular cars insured by State Farm. State Farm came in at $606.00 year for $100,000 actual value.
Just to get a feel for cost I requested quotes from two other companies based on $80,000 actual value. American Classic was $675 per year and Hagerty came in at $875.00 a year!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
For those that suggested State Farm it’s the winner, winner chicken dinner. I have two regular cars insured by State Farm. State Farm came in at $606.00 year for $100,000 actual value.
Just to get a feel for cost I requested quotes from two other companies based on $80,000 actual value. American Classic was $675 per year and Hagerty came in at $875.00 a year!
Any mileage restrictions With State Farm?
are those apples to apples coverages? In other words is each one of those quotes for the same product?

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
Do you also have homeowners with SF? If so part of your better price is the bundled discount.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The other thing to take into account is where you live. Here in NY cars are stolen on a regular basis and the amount of traffic is crazy. 3 hours to go 70 miles. So I'm sure that is all factored in.

2Sharp2

Reaction score
Any mileage restrictions With State Farm?
are those apples to apples coverages? In other words is each one of those quotes for the same product?
They asked estimate miles driven per year which will probably be 5,000 or less. As close to apples to apples as I could get, deductible etc.

I guess the bundle is the reason for the lower quote I do have homeowners and other cars with SF. This car will be registered in Georgia.

themechanic

Reaction score
FYI, there's a few good discussions on classic and collector car insurance on FBBO. FBBO has more forum members discussing this issue, too.

Back