• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Insurance

2Sharp2

Reaction score
What insurance company is everyone using? I assume it will need to be actual cash value with probably a speciality company. Don’t really want the cheapest unless they happen to have great service.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
What insurance company is everyone using? I assume it will need to be actual cash value with probably a speciality company. Don’t really want the cheapest unless they happen to have great service.
I use Heacock Classic (which is American Modern). 888-353-4901

tonysrt

Reaction score
Hagerty, because you can drive the car not only going to a car show.

Gripper

Reaction score
Hagerty, many people have had problems with them increasing yearly rates and canceling there policies. I have had them for 10 years with no problems.

Thanks Gripper

heminut

Reaction score
I've had Hagerty for over 20 years, but that is changing very soon. I've only had two claims with them during that time (both for cracked windshields) and they were handled very well, no complaints on that end. Over the last several years though (long after my second claim) I've watched the rates steadily go up. It's my understanding that the family sold the company to another insurance company and that is when the rates started to go up. I do know that there is a different company running Hagerty now than who was running it when I first got their coverage.

American Classic's rates were about 2/3rds of Hagerty's rates for the same coverage. Since I have all my other vehicles, RV, and my home insured with State Farm I checked with them and found that they also have classic car insurance. Their rates for me were just a little over 1/3rd of Hagerty's rates! The only difference in coverage is a $250 deductible for comprehensive, everything else is $0 deductibles. Usage restraints are the same as Hagerty also. Considering what restoration parts are costing for these cars now, I can easily live with that $250 deductible. I have had State Farm insurance for years and have had claims, one being a new roof on my RV costing over $7000, and I've never had a problem with them covering the claims. I'm done with Hagerty.

Gripper

Reaction score
My Hagerty 2024 yearly premium went down - $32 dollars from 2023 premium.
I received 5 other quotes and they all were within $20 dollars of each other.

Thanks Gripper

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I've had Hagerty for over 20 years, but that is changing very soon. I've only had two claims with them during that time (both for cracked windshields) and they were handled very well, no complaints on that end. Over the last several years though (long after my second claim) I've watched the rates steadily go up. It's my understanding that the family sold the company to another insurance company and that is when the rates started to go up. I do know that there is a different company running Hagerty now than who was running it when I first got their coverage.

American Classic's rates were about 2/3rds of Hagerty's rates for the same coverage. Since I have all my other vehicles, RV, and my home insured with State Farm I checked with them and found that they also have classic car insurance. Their rates for me were just a little over 1/3rd of Hagerty's rates! The only difference in coverage is a $250 deductible for comprehensive, everything else is $0 deductibles. Usage restraints are the same as Hagerty also. Considering what restoration parts are costing for these cars now, I can easily live with that $250 deductible. I have had State Farm insurance for years and have had claims, one being a new roof on my RV costing over $7000, and I've never had a problem with them covering the claims. I'm done with Hagerty.
I shopped around and found out the same thing, since I already have everything with State Farm, they were able to provide the coverage on the value I set for the Chally. I have had a few claims over many years with them, and had zero complaints.

2Sharp2

Reaction score
Great feedback. Thanks guys. Hagerty is one I’ve been hearing about. Some good, some not so good like has been stated. I’ve checked my current insurance company, didn’t like that quote.
You have provided some options to check out.
Making some progress. It is rolling now.
IMG_1615.jpeg
IMG_1614.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If I’ve had a rate increase with Hagerty in the last few years it has been too minimal to notice.

rogue

Reaction score
I've used Grundy for years but never had a claim. With all the mention of Hagerty here i went to their site and got a quote... was $100 more per year than I've been paying at Grundy.

Rons340

Reaction score
Hagerty is my 1st choice because of their roadside assistance feature, but I know several people that use Grundy with no problems and they are a little cheaper.

themechanic

Reaction score
Hagerty.

Insurance rates have increased on everything from homeowners to toys. Lots of disasters and claims lead to rate increases. At least that's what they say to justify the increase.

2Sharp2

Reaction score
Update: Just to get an idea of cost last night I submitted the online form on the American Classic site. I placed the value at $80,000 and the quote came in at $675.00 a year. Which I thought was pretty reasonable and was not as high as I expected. When mine is ready for the street I'll check a couple other companies and make a decision.
Thanks to all for the input.

Raycuda

Reaction score
I've been using American Collectors for 37 years. I am very happy with them, but then again I thank God have never had a claim. I also have 3 vehicles covered by them.

Back