• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Intank Pump - What to do with OEM Sending Unit w/Return & Pickup? Plus 4-Hose Vapour Breather?

Carlwalski

Reaction score
Hi team,

I have an Aeromotive intank fuel pump (see pics). My tank has the factory sending unit with return/pick up still. My intank pump kit has pickup, vent, return.

Question: what is the best way to deal with the oem return/pickup? Does anyone make an E-Body fuel sending unit WITHOUT the return/pickup? “Plugging off the lines” seems a bit redneck and not ideal, or?

Also: what should I do with the 4-hose vent breather system. Does the intanks pump “vent” do the same job and if so, do I just plug all 4 hose vents or, I’m thinking, I just reconnect the 4-hoses to the trunk vapour and return it back to factory?

Where do the 4 hoses go exactly. Any diagram? My CD manual has is on order. I don’t have a canister with nipples on my Hemi, just an air filter / breather on the head.

Any help is appreciated. I just want it safe, solid, clean and minimal.

Cheers,

Carl

Hemi_Conversion_95A.JPG

Hemi_Conversion_95B.JPG

Hemi_Conversion_95D.JPG

70chall440

Reaction score
You can get plugs (like vacuum plugs), slide them on and use a hose clamp and you are good. The redneck way is a hose with a bolt in the end.

heminut

Reaction score
If you want to get really fancy you could get an old sending unit and cut the tubes and wire pass through out of the plate and then weld in a piece of sheetmetal to fill the hole, making a plain, flat plate out of it. More work, but a cleaner solution.

Carlwalski

Reaction score
If you want to get really fancy you could get an old sending unit and cut the tubes and wire pass through out of the plate and then weld in a piece of sheetmetal to fill the hole, making a plain, flat plate out of it. More work, but a cleaner solution.
Thought about it but was hoping someone (store/business) might be doing it. Not hard to do, I might look into this. Thanks for the nudge.

Ps: what is the little plug (in the pic attached) above the tank that seemingly goes up to the trunk? An insulated ground?

Attachments

• D986AC8B-E951-483C-8C02-09FC233F7024.jpeg
    D986AC8B-E951-483C-8C02-09FC233F7024.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 150

moparlee

Reaction score
Thought about it but was hoping someone (store/business) might be doing it. Not hard to do, I might look into this. Thanks for the nudge.

Ps: what is the little plug (in the pic attached) above the tank that seemingly goes up to the trunk? An insulated ground?
It's for the fuel gauge indicator.
The thin rusty wire strap just above the the top hose is the ground.

Back