• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Interesting read about the present and future of car forums

ramenth

Reaction score
Very interesting read.

I've seen it happen with at least on them since I've been on the web. Farley's Page (dippy.org) started off as a fan page for Frank's car, Farley. I can't remember when Frank started it, but I was on there in the late '90s, early century. About a year ago he sold it Allpar.com. I haven't been back since.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, Ray. It is a interesting read for sure. Corporate America is no good.

Ray

Reaction score
I've seen just about everything in this hobby. From guys just working using whatever they could find to customize or hot rod their car, to the growth of the aftermarket performance industry, and restoration companies. Then message boards started by these same people, who sadly have been bought up and now are run by corporations who only look at it as a bottom line business.

Don't get me wrong I understand it costs money to run a forum, and as the owner they have a right to make a dollar. It's just that when selling advertising is the main focus the membership loses.

Back