• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

is it worth $300-rt hood

74 challenger

Reaction score
I found a rt hood ,deck lid and front valance. Hood is ok but needs work on the rear corner and some dents.Deck lid has bondo and valance is good. $300 for all but then I will have to buy the inserts for the hood.
00Z0Z_6TnQLjyBGww_600x450.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It seems like a fair price for the parts. Post a pic of the bad spots on the hood and deck lid.

74 challenger

Reaction score
Hey Tod you can see the dents on the hood,bottom pass corner is bent up. Just dont know if I want to stay with the stock hood plus its a 3 hr drive . I do think its a good deal since I seen a rt hood used on ebay and it was worse for 450.Why do these toys have to be so expensive.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I can't see what you are talking about. You could send pics to my email. Are you going to fix the hood yourself or pay someone to do it? Labor gets expensive. Many times labor costs make it worthwhile to buy a new part.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The hood looks pretty wrinkly from here and if that's the way it's been stored, on that rear edge leaning against a wall, I bet those corners are bad. Price isn't bad though.

burdar

Reaction score
I don't think it's worth $300. Prices on those hood have come way down since AMD started making them. I saw one at the Nats this past summer for $25. It needed a little work but looked decent. It was still there when I left late on Saturday. If it's a 70 hood without the crumple ribs, then I can see it being worth more then the average R/T hood.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It is as I was saying in an earlier post. If you can do the work, a used part may be cheaper. If you can't then it may be better buying new. You can find used parts cheap that are being reproduced. For example, I took a $25 flat hood and combined it with a $100 rusted R/T hood to make a good hood. It took a day, which I would have billed $320 min. for the labor at the shop. Since it is going on a car that will be mostly a driver for me it was worth it. You can get a new AMD hood for around $500. Had a paid someone to do my hood, I would have $445+ into a used hood.

74 challenger

Reaction score
After the drive in the van -gas $120 plus hood 300 I might as well wait on it. Tod there was a rt hood for $100 in florida had a patch on it from a blower. It still looked good.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Would you rework the hood or have it done? If you can't do the hood yourself, just get a new one. I can get you a good price on an AMD hood when you are ready. We ended up with an extra one at the shop and Gary (challengergary) has it listed here in the for sale section. We are an AMD dealer.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I did not see the hood in Fl. Do you have a link? Send it to me in an email.

Back