• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is this correct? What's missing?

S Vicious

Reaction score
Installing my slap stik shifter, but this torque shaft support bracket that mounts to the tranny seems wrong?
Console linkage.jpeg

340challconvert

Reaction score
I am running into a similar issue
I was missing the torque shaft and bracket that was mounted to the frame.
I just ordered the parts and will be looking at a proper install.
(someone removed my parts years ago when my car was in a body shop.)
I have the same diagram; I will let you know how my install works out,
Phil

Reaction score
99% sure both of you have the wrong stuff for a slapstick shifter, looks like the cross shaft setup for a column shift.
The bracket that mounts to the trans tail shaft has 2 studs that go into the 2 holes on the bottom of the tail shaft housing.
In the lower picture it's the bracket to the right of the part labeled adjustable swivel.
I'll try to find the correct bracket and post a picture.
If you look at the picture there is no torque shaft or frame shown because you don't need it, unless you have the linkage that goes to the steering column.

S Vicious

Reaction score
Appears my trans bracket has been switched with a column shift car?...
Anyone got the longer trans bracket with the two studs? Mancini doesn't show one.

Reaction score
70 Chall440's picture clearly shows the trans bracket with the 2 studs that you need.
Phil looks like the parts kit you bought is most of the steering column lock out linkage, that when you shift to park it rotates the steering column collar so the key can be pulled out. The key can't be puled out if the shifter is in gear or in neutral some safety gismo the government thought we all needed!

340challconvert

Reaction score
You are correct; I needed the missing the torque shaft assembly with the bracket that attaches to the frame. I am still short of having the column lock rear rod though.
In Vicious' case, I thought he was referring to the rear torque shaft bracket that attaches to the trans by e column lock assembly.:rolleyes:
70 Chall440's picture clearly shows the trans bracket with the 2 studs that you need.
Phil looks like the parts kit you bought is most of the steering column lock out linkage, that when you shift to park it rotates the steering column collar so the key can be pulled out. The key can't be puled out if the shifter is in gear or in neutral some safety gismo the government thought we all needed!

S Vicious

Reaction score
$47.00 on E-Bay for the longer trans bracket now ordered. Thank-You guys for the help!

Back