• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB ISO 1970 Cuda body side molding V5X option

One of few

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several unrestored V5X pieces for the Challenger’s, but probably not a complete set - if the dimensions match your Cuda, I’m willing to sell the pieces I have, to at least get you heading in the right direction.
Send me the door and fender lengths your looking for and I’ll go measure what I’ve got.

George Bridges

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
front fender 56", that is putting the end of the trim 2" from the front edge, door is 56" edge to edge, and quarter is 59" with it apprx 4" from. the rear.

One of few

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning - here’s what I’ve got. I’m unsure of the difference between the door, and fender pieces - I have 4 pieces that measure 56”, with a few clips here and there - 1 is chewed up on 1 end, I don’t think it’s repairable - I also have left and right rear quarter moldings, in really good shape, but they measure 66 1/2”. They might be to long for a Cuda, they came off of a Challenger.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V5X quarter moldings are not the same between Challenger and Cuda. Completely different body lines on the quarters.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The pieces are totally different. Nothing interchanges.

I know, on 70, that the challenger has a rubber piece that is glued into a metal piece that mounts to tabs on the challenger body.

The 70 barracuda is not glued into a metal piece. It is a stand alone rubber/elastomeric (whatever) that is glued to the paint.

I have several v5x challenger pieces that I purchased just because I am looking for v5x for barracuda for many many years now.

This has to be one of the most difficult parts to find on a barracuda.
Good luck. If you find two sets, I'll buy the other one from you regardless of it's color. They came in several different colors.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@George Bridges

Here is a sample picture of v5R.
I've been looking for this v5r for something like 20 years.

v5r70pasquarter.JPG

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If anyone has pictures of V5X for a cuda, please feel free to post them as there are not many pics out there.
I believe after market had v5x that were installed on cuda's that had thin metal pieces like the challenger but are totally incorrect for barracuda's.
If anyone has information contrary to what I have stated, please correct me.

Here is an aftermarket piece on a barracuda picture. BSH1 car.

bs23h1b V5X  .jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That shape, of the rubber, looks just like the pieces that are on C bodies.
I believe these are possibly C body pieces and not aftermarket.
However I have zero information about this car aside that I was told it was aftermarket.

One of few

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pieces are totally different. Nothing interchanges.

I know, on 70, that the challenger has a rubber piece that is glued into a metal piece that mounts to tabs on the challenger body.

The 70 barracuda is not glued into a metal piece. It is a stand alone rubber/elastomeric (whatever) that is glued to the paint.

I have several v5x challenger pieces that I purchased just because I am looking for v5x for barracuda for many many years now.

This has to be one of the most difficult parts to find on a barracuda.
Good luck. If you find two sets, I'll buy the other one from you regardless of its color. They came in several different colors.
Thank you for the knowledge on these trim packages, I knew the pieces I have came off of Challengers, I just never had the details.

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a v5R for a challenger.
Notice the metal that it is glued into.
Totally different piece.

View attachment 121803
I believe the red on this challenger to be the same aftermarket stuff I took off my 71 barracuda.
I was thinking about re using it, but it's sooo.. wrong, I'm better off with nothing.
And the factory called for V5Y, which I will never find.

20240328_200439.jpg

20240328_200434.jpg

Back