• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

let hand rally dash trim

michael bucklew

Reaction score
found left hand a/c trim with a/c vent.it also has a piece with rear speaker on it. also the trim has some sort of rough finish on it. the original was a slick finish.. ?? can that rough finish be removed or should leave well enough alone. also what are those 2 holes for??

IMG_0576.jpeg

cuda joe

Reaction score
you could wet sand that texture off with 500 grit paper then follow up with 1000 grit to get a nice slick finish it would have to be buffed not easy or do i recommend that.. the best thing is after wet sanding spray it with a vinal paint auto paint stores sell spray cans .as for the 2 holes mine is covered up by trim molding also mine does not have that large hole what is that for ?

michael bucklew

Reaction score
you could wet sand that texture off with 500 grit paper then follow up with 1000 grit to get a nice slick finish it would have to be buffed not easy or do i recommend that.. the best thing is after wet sanding spray it with a vinal paint auto paint stores sell spray cans .as for the 2 holes mine is covered up by trim molding also mine does not have that large hole what is that for ?
that large hole was for rear speakers. there is a bezel that goes over that whole the has imprinted---rear speakers. lightly sanded with 400 and spray painter with flat black.....where it is located, have to look hard to notice. thanks for the reply

cuda joe

Reaction score
I would go with satin black it would look alot better than flat

Back