• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Light Issue on 70 Challenger.

b00sted

Reaction score
Car off foot on brake brake lights work but drivers side front turn signal on fender, dash and valance come on.

Turn headlights on and turn signal light on dash drivers side is on along with fender turn signal and brake lights are on. Will not go off or on with brake pedal.

Turn the drivers side turn signal on and it works like normal along with emergency flashers.

I put a new headlight switch in thinking it might be that but no change.

Also car off headlights on and turn signal pushed down the front turn signal is not on neither is the fender light or dash light.

Just do not know were to look at next. I cannot drive it to work like this as it is dark in the mornings and I will not have a working brake light.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.. I want to drive this car.

js29

Reaction score
is this something new! or was it there before. if no one has touched the wires i would look at feed back. the brake light switch and turn signal switch tie in together but your parking lights are on there own.also look for a bad ground, i have also had light sockets go bad and will feed back as well. you could start pulling bulbs one at a time and see if it stops . a good test light will come in handy also. i hope this helps you get stated in the right direction no pun intended

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Tough to read and decipher ether of your posts. Are you texting to the site?

72*birdman

Reaction score
I had issues along the same lines but it was quite a while ago. I wound up going to an electical shop and if I remember correctly it turned out to be a grounding issue with the taillights in the trunk. So my suggestion would be to check all the lighting ground points. You may even want to clean them up even if they appear good.

js29

Reaction score
i was trying to do my one finger typing while pictureing his problem in my head. and if any has noticed my spelling is not vary good. and if i confused any body i apolagise. i think bOOsted,s problem will more than likely be found in his trunk like 72*birdman said or steering collum caused by some sort of feed back

b00sted

Reaction score
Well brake lights are fixed.. New pigtails were wired backwards.. Previous owner.. Front turn signal problem we narrowed down to a bad turn signal socket on the front. Grounding out..

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I thought both of you were using a "smart phone" that you speak into to text or post. Many times they get things all messed up.

Back