• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lokar throttle cables

Jonah Hex

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Lokar throttle and kickdown cable setup?
It looks like a viable alternative to the traditional rod and bellcrank kickdown assembly.
Any idea what the approximate throttle cable length is for a 4bbl smallblock?

Thanks!

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I installed this setup on my 440 Cuda, the throttle cable was strait forward install, it just had to be cut to length.
The kick down took more work to get it right, I had to drill a new hole in the trans linkage to get the ratio correct.
It worked for me.
I hope this helps a little.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I like it just fine and, it works good, after, I "tuned" it. Like they say ...some tuning and fabrication may be required and, it looks good too.

Jonah Hex

Reaction score
I got both the throttle cable and the kick down cable installed over the weekend. It works like a charm, and looks much cleaner than the original assembly.
The attached photo was just the mock-up. Everything is now properly aligned and adjusted.
Thanks guys for the input!

IMG_0798.JPG

72chally440

Reaction score
Looks Good. Thanks for posting. I'm going forward with the Lokar cables too for my modified 440. When I get it done, I'll try to post pics here also.

ChallengerDan4

Reaction score
I got both the throttle cable and the kick down cable installed over the weekend. It works like a charm, and looks much cleaner than the original assembly.
The attached photo was just the mock-up. Everything is now properly aligned and adjusted.
Thanks guys for the input!
Do you know what part numbers you used? Trying to figure out what to get? I have the kickdown figured out. Just not the throttle cable and the bracket. Thanks

View attachment 37227

Do you know what part numbers you used? Trying to figure out what to get? I have the kickdown figured out. Just not the throttle cable and the bracket. Thanks

Jonah Hex

Reaction score
Good morning and welcome to the forum!
The part numbers are SRK-4000 for the throttle bracket and springs, TC-1000HT for the throttle cable. The throttle cable for that p/n is 24" long and will probably have to be cut to fit.
I'm running a small block with a 4 bbl Edelbrock on a Holley Street Dominator intake. What are you running under the hood?
The p/n might be different if you are running a big block.

ChallengerDan4

Reaction score
Nothing to exciting, I have a 318, has a Quicktime carb now will be putting on a RPM intake and Fitech soon. Thanks for the part numbers.

Back