• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Long shot..

Jobu

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot but I figured you never know.. I am trying to find out what happened to the fender tags that were on my 70 Cuda that I recently purchased. I have the title and the firewall and radiator support numbers all match but for some reason fender tag is gone. I am trying to locate the last owner that was on title but so far no luck. The car was last registered in South Carolina and the vin is BS23U0B176878. Any advice appreciated.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
BS23U0B176878

Probably in the last owners tool box.

A google search doesn't bring up this thread.
A duckduckgo search does bring up this thread.
Does the car retain it's interior?
Does there happen to be a broadcast sheet in the seats, behind the glove box or under the carpet?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
440 4 bbl Cudas are relatively rare !
With a build sheet you gat a tag remade for the car at least .

Jobu

Reaction score
BS23U0B176878

Probably in the last owners tool box.

A google search doesn't bring up this thread.
A duckduckgo search does bring up this thread.
Does the car retain it's interior?
Does there happen to be a broadcast sheet in the seats, behind the glove box or under the carpet?
I wish. The car is a shell that was sandblasted and parts in boxes. No broadcast sheet anywhere.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
With no broadcast sheet it is actually better to have no fender tag than a made up fender tag. The community will look at the car as a fake with a fake fender tag and that never plays out well for the resale of the car. With a broadcast sheet the fender tag can actually be reproduced within reason. Still visibly not the original tag when remade but with that broadcast sheet documentation it will at least make sense.
At least with no fender tag you do have the ability to use the car with a blank slate.
Do you have the numbers matching motor or transmission?

Jobu

Reaction score
With no broadcast sheet it is actually better to have no fender tag than a made up fender tag. The community will look at the car as a fake with a fake fender tag and that never plays out well for the resale of the car. With a broadcast sheet the fender tag can actually be reproduced within reason. Still visibly not the original tag when remade but with that broadcast sheet documentation it will at least make sense.
At least with no fender tag you do have the ability to use the car with a blank slate.
Do you have the numbers matching motor or transmission?
Agreed that's why I am trying to locate original fender tag. If I find it great and if I don't I know it's still a true 440 car. Seller did not have engine or transmission with car. Pretty much a roller.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Or the fender tag ended up on the garage floor and swept up with the rest of the junk. That's what I did 30 years ago as a teenager not knowing the value of having a tag. I have nobody else to blame but me....

Jobu

Reaction score
Or the fender tag ended up on the garage floor and swept up with the rest of the junk. That's what I did 30 years ago as a teenager not knowing the value of having a tag. I have nobody else to blame but me....
Dont feel bad in 1982 I offered a guy $7K for his all original Hemi Cuda and he wouldn't take less than $9K. I had the extra $2k and walked away. Talk about not knowing the value...LOL

heminut

Reaction score
Dont feel bad in 1982 I offered a guy $7K for his all original Hemi Cuda and he wouldn't take less than $9K. I had the extra $2k and walked away. Talk about not knowing the value...LOL
I did pretty much the same thing in 1987. A friend of mine had a 68 Hemi Coronet, complete numbers matching car with the engine out and disassembled. He thought it had a cracked head or something, and wanted $5000 for it. I passed on it because I didn't want to deal with the engine issues and mainly because I didn't care much for the Coronet body styling.:BangHead:

Jobu

Reaction score
I did pretty much the same thing in 1987. A friend of mine had a 68 Hemi Coronet, complete numbers matching car with the engine out and disassembled. He thought it had a cracked head or something, and wanted $5000 for it. I passed on it because I didn't want to deal with the engine issues and mainly because I didn't care much for the Coronet body styling.:BangHead:
If we only knew..

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot but I figured you never know.. I am trying to find out what happened to the fender tags that were on my 70 Cuda that I recently purchased. I have the title and the firewall and radiator support numbers all match but for some reason fender tag is gone. I am trying to locate the last owner that was on title but so far no luck. The car was last registered in South Carolina and the vin is BS23U0B176878. Any advice appreciated.
There is a lost & found thread running on moparts.com which would be another good place to try-
Lost & Found, Clubs, Businesses, Jobs - Moparts Forums

Also www.ebodies.org, as well as its page on Facebook. And the Lost Muscle Cars page also on Facebook, between all of these you can reach a pretty big audience.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I was a 16 year old punk driving my dad's 73 four door Plymouth Satellite and my older brother offered to give me his 68 GTX with those real magnesium wheels! It needed some work and I said no! I'm still kicking myself for that mistake!!

Back