• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for an intake manifold for my 440

Benjamin Nelson

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking for an intake manifold for a 440. Either a MoPar performance m1 or an Edelbrock torker 2. From what I have read those are the best two intakes to use, anyone have any other recommendations? Also looking for a set of magnum 500 wheels. I am located in Victoria BC Canada.

Thanks in advance

8E4E07DB-E91A-4D2B-A488-DDD8596515EF.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The short story is the Intake Must match the cam so you need to make sure the intake works in the same RPM range as the cam you are using .
The Team G Weiand is a great intake for high RPM & the Holley Street Dominator is one of the best all round intakes for 1800 - 6000 range .

Ele115

Reaction score
The short story is the Intake Must match the cam so you need to make sure the intake works in the same RPM range as the cam you are using .
The Team G Weiand is a great intake for high RPM & the Holley Street Dominator is one of the best all round intakes for 1800 - 6000 range .
....And the cam works for the flow characteristics of the heads etc. etc.

rmjmaddog

Reaction score
I think those are a couple of great choices for single planes especially if using a Holley Sniper or Fiteck EFI system. Also its pretty hard to beat an Edelbrock Performer rpm and a 850 double pumper if you want to stick with a carb.
Looks like you have plenty of hood clearance for any of those high-rise intakes too. But like the gentleman said all the parts need to match from the cam to heads to compression to intake to weight to gears to fuel so not an easy answer for sure you need to look at the whole package to really maximize all your choices and efforts.

Back